gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 02:52:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WinMX vs Shareaza and Kazaa
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX vs Shareaza and Kazaa  (Read 9311 times)

Offline GrooTheWanderer

• Forum Member
WinMX vs Shareaza and Kazaa
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:55:16 pm »
Curious as to what are the differences between WinMX, especially since WinMX is, from what I understand, is being written by various coders since being abandoned by Frontcode in 2005, what are the differences with it and programs like Shareaza, Kazaa and Limewire?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: WinMX vs Shareaza and Kazaa
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 02:20:14 am »
WinMX is the sole property of  frontcode/winmx technologies and the program your using is the last version released before the 2005 shutdown.

There are many third party items in the archive that contain src codes and thus knowledge about the network but not a fully finished client., the network is a classic two tiered decentralised type and thus the activity upon it is beyond the control of anyone and I am sure thats why its always been popular.

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/what-is-the-winmx-peer-network(wpn).html

Shareaza is a decent multi-network open src client and both it and limewire have access to the old gnutella network amongst others, kazzaa has a similar network to winmx bar some differing terminology but of course its owned by nasty folks  :lol:

Any answer is I suspect simply an opinion of one flavour or another depending on who you ask, this is mine  :D

Offline GrooTheWanderer

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:32:22 am »
Thank you. I agree that it's opinion based as to which one likes better over the others. Just looking for input from others as to their thoughts on the P2P programs that are available. I know that back in the heyday of P2P programs, WinMX was a popular one because of its uniqueness.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 07:23:54 am »
Most folks looked at winmx and thought "thats something special" simply because of all the encryption in usage within it, that of course has largely been reversed now and allowed for annoyances to be undertaken, however in terms of what it was designed for its very much served its purpose and put it a cut above the others in flying under the radar, the only real weakness in my view was in not encrypting the file transfers to stay compatible with open nap, but I,m sure you,ll agree its not sportsman-like to hold all the aces  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  WinMX vs Shareaza and Kazaa

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx