gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 01:58:01 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Apple Drops ipod Nano And Shuffle
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Apple Drops ipod Nano And Shuffle  (Read 9123 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Apple Drops ipod Nano And Shuffle
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:08:40 pm »
Another market place withdrawal it seems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40749706/apple-to-discontinue-ipod-nano-and-shuffle

Apple has announced plans to kill off the iPod nano and shuffle..They were the company's last two music players without the ability to run streaming service Apple Music and hadn't been upgraded for ages. The move is part what's been described as a "simplification" of the iPod range to leave just the Touch model.

That product, which is like a slimmed down iPhone but without the ability to be used as a phone, has been updated. iPod Touch will be the only model available

I am not sure if this affects any ability to play purchased music but it has happend before so be alert to this possibility if you own such a device, I'm always happy I dont own such controlled hardware.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: Apple Drops ipod Nano And Shuffle
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:20:24 pm »
It shouldn't affect your ability to playback DRM protected music from iTunes. And the reason they're withdrawing from these markets is because of the iPod Touch. It has cannibalised their iPod sales because it has access to the app store and iOS. So the iPod Touch offers kids access to over a million games.

Personally I'm sad to see all the classic era iPods go, I felt that had Apple invested in a great DAC for the iPod Classic, added FLAC support (and not just ALAC) and also increased storage density (320GB option woulda been great) it would have sold well with audiophiles.

Instead they are going the opposite direction by removing the headphone jack entirely on the new iPhone which obviously is a slippery slope. I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPod Touch did away with the headphone jack and instead included Lightning head phones like the iPhone does.

Good news though, there are plenty of other good iPod replacements for those of us who want FLAC and great DACs.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 01:08:09 am »
id love to have a 320gig ipod classic with FLAC support...  ... rockbox.org

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 01:39:04 am »
id love to have a 320gig ipod classic with FLAC support...  ... rockbox.org

gah... i hate the timeout on the edit button... anyway... anyone thinking of buying the pono player is going to sadly be disappointed as its dac is the equivalent of modern onboard sound of pc (18 or 20bit dac) .. dont waste your money..

--edit--

serious request to the admin to remove the edit timeout for me... i note edits.. ive never backpedaled to make my posts look superior... infact i look like quite an ass in past posts.... ive been here since ~2006 according to the forums user data.... omg its hard to type while drunk.... KLONK

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:38:04 am »
I am not sure what the time limit is on editing but it wont ever be made infinite due to previous poster abuse, if folks can say something bad and then remove the evidence and then further deny they made the original post all the following posters can be made to look like the villians, I think its best we stay where we are for fair plays sake.

No chance of you typing faster ?  :lol:

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »
No chance of you typing faster ?  :lol:

its not typing too slow, its if i have too look something up mid edit that i lose it... look it up before? if i can think of it i do.. but my train of thought doesnt always have its cars in order ... but fair is fair so by the rules i will play :P

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 09:55:58 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if the next iPod Touch did away with the headphone jack and instead included Lightning head phones like the iPhone does.

honest question... does the lightning port carry analog audio? or does the audio quality depend on the quality of the charge/phones splitters on amazon.com?

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 10:09:51 pm »
It does not carry analog audio. Inside the lighting earpods included with the phone it has a tiny DAC inside the lightning connector. It's as small as an ant. I think Apple expects Wireless to be how people get their audio and to be honest some of them are pretty decent as the Bluetooth profile for lossless audio is included on the iPhone so if you get a really good wireless headset (like from Bose) they sound great.

Problem is those things cost a lot of money. Personally I bought the wireless Airpods and I love them. I use them like 10x more than I did any other headphone cause they're so convenient.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Apple Drops ipod Nano And Shuffle

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx