gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 05, 2024, 12:59:44 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  WinMX not loading incomplete files.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX not loading incomplete files.  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
WinMX not loading incomplete files.
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:09:14 pm »
I had a question from a user. Anytime he has to restart WinMX he has downloads however, when he clicks Load Incomplete tab they don't load. He has to go to his browse folder and click them like he's downloading them again for them to appear. Any suggestions for him? Thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: WinMX not loading incomplete files.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 09:55:54 pm »
As always we need more data to reach a conclusion on this problem, what O/Ss what winmx version, what file types are we talking about, what size are they, I dont want to know any file names but the rest of the data would be helpful.

Before this user does anything can they see the incompleted files in the download folder ?
II they can, can they check winmx is pointed to the right folder by going to transfers window and pressing the "Open incoming files folder" button., can they still see the incompleted files ?

If all is good so far it might be that the folder properties are not allowing winmx to store data to its settings or library files correctly, that can also be explored., check folder properties, also right click one of the files themselves and look at its properties to see if its been "blocked" by windows as sometimes happens, if it has it will allow you to unblock the file by ticking a box, not normally an issue but who knows whats going on  :)

Offline ishcabible6969

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 05:35:53 pm »
hi i am using windows 10 and i am using winmx 3.53 whenever i have to restart winmx i lose my incompletes ..they don't always register as incomplete when i want to download them whether i recieve any data or not and the only way i can recover them is to browse myself and redownload them from the beginning but usually they are not all there so they never complete and i have a dead file...any suggestions???

thanks

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:43:34 pm »
Hi Ishcabible6969, could you answer some of the questions posed in the post above yours so I can have an idea of the scope of the problem

Cheers  :)

Offline ishcabible6969

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 12:32:18 am »
i believe i have found the answer..my incoming files didn't match so it didn't know which file was correct.. it seems to have resolved my problem..thanks for your time .... keep it up you guys!!!!!YV

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 03:53:19 pm »
I think I remember this issue its all down to having ciffering 64bit and 32bit folders, winMx by default chooses the older default path and trouble ensues.

Well done for finding a solution Ishcabible6969  8) 8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  WinMX not loading incomplete files.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx