gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 06:39:34 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Hacked Spotify App Users Being Tracked By Spotify
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hacked Spotify App Users Being Tracked By Spotify  (Read 1969 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Hacked Spotify App Users Being Tracked By Spotify
« on: March 24, 2018, 06:57:43 am »
Revenue protection again  :gum:

https://torrentfreak.com/spotify-emails-warning-to-pirates-using-hacked-apps-180305/
People who access Spotify using hacked apps that remove some of the restrictions placed on free accounts are receiving warning emails from the company. Noting that "abnormal activity" has been observed from the user's software, Spotify warns that future breaches could result in suspension or even termination of a user's account.

How many people use these hacked versions of Spotify isn’t clear and up to now, it’s been somewhat of a mystery as to why Spotify itself hasn’t done something about them. During the past few days, however, there have been signs that a crackdown could be on the way.

The writing is on the wall it seems for this particular method of obtaining aural enjoyment.

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
Re: Hacked Spotify App Users Being Tracked By Spotify
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 12:39:08 am »
I've found using the web player with uBlock installed works just as well as the subscription plan.  You can even hide the tab and use the desktop client to control the playback too.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
Re: Hacked Spotify App Users Being Tracked By Spotify
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:53:54 pm »
I've found using the web player with uBlock installed works just as well as the subscription plan.  You can even hide the tab and use the desktop client to control the playback too.

I'm guilty of doing this :P

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Hacked Spotify App Users Being Tracked By Spotify

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx