gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 08:47:35 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Google Faces Backlash Over "Secret" Tracking
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Google Faces Backlash Over "Secret" Tracking  (Read 1335 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Google Faces Backlash Over "Secret" Tracking
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:23:56 pm »
I wont rain down on Google too much in this post simply because I never expect something for nothing but as a global company they need to be more transperent in gathering users data unless they wish to start paying fines and facing new legislation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45183041

Google records users' locations even when they have asked it not to, a report from the Associated Press has suggested.
The study, verified by researchers at Princeton University, has angered US law-makers.
The study found that users' whereabouts are recorded even when location history has been disabled.

Presented with the evidence of the AP study, Democratic senator Mark Warner accused technology companies of having "corporate practices that diverge wildly from the totally reasonable expectation of their users".

In the UK, a spokesman for the Information Commissioner's Office told the BBC: "Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, organisations have a legal duty to be open, transparent and fair with the public about how their personal data is used.

Following its research, AP created a guide to show users how to delete location data.

https://www.apnews.com/b031ee35d4534f548e43b7575f4ab494/How-to-find-and-delete-where-Google-knows-you've-been

Like most folks I dont really care about Google doing stuff unless they target me individually or allow the data collected by my usage of Google to be shared with others in a form that could track or identify me individually, thats the line I draw.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: Google Faces Backlash Over "Secret" Tracking
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 08:35:08 pm »
I'm of the "Who cares if they do?" persuasion, it's not like absolutely anywhere you go online doesn't have your IP & a rough location from that if they want to analyse such things.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Google Faces Backlash Over "Secret" Tracking

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx