gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 01:01:59 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  BitTorrent + Blockchain = New Innovation ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BitTorrent + Blockchain = New Innovation ?  (Read 2134 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
BitTorrent + Blockchain = New Innovation ?
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:46:26 pm »
Sorry about the crappy site you have to visit for this news but its worth a read  :yes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ginaclarke/2019/03/29/tron-hoping-for-napster-like-revival-of-p2p-with-bittorrent-offering/#7e0677aa369d

As internet speeds got faster, interest in P2P wained and by the time streaming services such as Netflix arrived, the market was all but forgotten about but for techies.

Which is why I was fascinated to hear that one of the largest blockchain based operating systems, Tron, has bought out Napster rival BitTorrent.
I grabbed the opportunity to chat to Tron CEO, Justin Sun, to find out exactly why he thinks P2P will bring blockchain to the masses, currently predicted to add 100 million monthly users to the blockchain sector.

As always the real gold here is the users content and the platform operator need only sit back filling their boots with ads and selling data access rights in return for revenue to pay back their "early investors", after all we all know it costs millions to set stuff up and operate a p2p network eh folks  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont see any real payback on this Idea but it seems some entrepreneurs with big pockets have other ideas.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: BitTorrent + Blockchain = New Innovation ?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 11:26:42 pm »
I am broke 5 times over, took me couple of days to find a system that would boot my XP2 disk after the main board blew up a condensator.
it needed product registration and surprise, it still works for Microsoft XP
I skipped window 7,8 and 9 and bought a refurbished windows 10 from a trader in the family.
My luck to have long time microsoft experience so it is not to hard to find your way around but oh my what brains whip up all bells and whistles that need a 200 page manual to understand what it is supposed to do

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  BitTorrent + Blockchain = New Innovation ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx