gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 04:01:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  RCMS and BendMX help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RCMS and BendMX help  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
RCMS and BendMX help
« on: December 28, 2019, 07:39:48 pm »
Hi, I'm hosting on Oukachat server. that's up and running fine. However I'm trying to install RCMS 8.0 on my winmx. I put the dll files in my program files in my Winmx folder. However if I scroll through my mouse the commands are not there. If i try to host RCMS on my winmx the RCMS command box doesn't come up. Maybe I'm not installing it correctly? Can someone please help me figure it out? Also I tried installing Bendmx in Winmx still the same problem. Thanks for any help someone can give me.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: RCMS and BendMX help
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 09:06:47 pm »
What operating system are you using and what are the names of the DLL's you have installed in the WinMx folder ?

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 09:29:07 pm »
I am running Windows 10.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 09:35:55 pm »
WS2_32o.dll and  WS2_32.dll for RCMS on Windows 10

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 01:24:53 am »
..i think you need the ws2_32.dll from windows 10 itself.. plus the ws2_32o.dll ...

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 05:16:24 am »
Is there a security mechanism in win10 that prevents local dll usage instead of the system ones Stripes ?

The Dll's mentioned are correct for Bendmx as its a man in the middle sock program for WinMx as is RCMS so there might be a conflict there and thats before we think about the OleDlg dll which is effectively the same thing.

My advice in the first instance is to switch to a host file connection method to remove one of the three competing socket programs (OleDlg.dll), , this will leave you free to use either RCMS or the BendMx dll's in the WinMx folder , unfortunately you cant use both so choose the one you can live with.

As I dont use windows 10 I cant say with any authority on this but can you confirm that your on your machine as an administrator and can you swap the properties on the WinMx,exe  file to run in compatibility mode for windows XP and give that a try as its very likely win10 might not like all the third party socket dlls natively..

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 09:29:28 am »
On windows 10 i've had no luck using the 3rd party patch dll for fxserver nor for shareguard. Have ran as administrator and have also tried compatibility mode. Gave up a long time ago lol

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 10:01:12 am »
Hmm maybe a bridge too far then, I spoke to the poster and they are thinking of utilising a VM for XP to run the system, in reality all they actually want to do is to have the relevant chat controls available from either the text entry bar (scrollable)  or in the right click menu which cant be undertaken from mx but RoboMx might be able to deliver such functionality ..

I just had a thought, the ouka chat client.  The peer cache will need updating to the normal one we use but after that it should work ok

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/ouka_chat_client.html   

The versions that are in english should be marked with an E at the end.

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Ouka/Chat%20Client2/1.10/B/Chat%20Client2E%20-%201.10b%20-%20101005.zip

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 10:08:57 am »
Is there a security mechanism in win10 that prevents local dll usage instead of the system ones Stripes ?
not that im aware of... i quit using windows at win7.. i dont really know what they have added in 8.1 and 10...

having UAC turned on can cause problems with winmx tho,,. but turning it off on windows 10 is not something you want to do..

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 11:09:11 pm »
Hi thanks for the advice guys. I tried to Virtual Machine however it only recognizes my ethernet not wifi.  So I'm gonna try that. I connecting on XP through my VM and I'll let you guys know the results in just a few hours.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2020, 01:58:09 pm »
Hi. I installed the Virtual Machine. I got winmx and bendmx installed and they both work on the virtual machine. the only thing that doesn't work is the scroll commands. However I was reading that I needed to replace the WS2_32o.dll I went to the patch installed it in the existing winmx folder, then the programs kept crashing. said winmx keeps encountering a problem. Is the newest WS2_32o.dll patch able to work on XP? If not where can I get the original patch that came out that will work on Win XP? Also I think I encountered another problem. I know you have to have a Primary connection to run Bendmx and RCMS. I forwarded the ports to make sure I can get a primary connection. However it still doesn't seem to work. I checked the ports online it says it's still not open. I know that's an issue with my ISP. But I wanted to ask you all will that cause the scroll commands not to function at all if I don't have a primary connection? Because I know the rest of the Bendmx program is working fine except the scroll commands. Thanks for any advice or comments you guys can give me.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 01:22:58 am »
I have resolved the Bendmx issue. You have to install BendMX399a1 it will work with Windows XP and give you the scroll. However I still can't get it to work with Windows 10. If anyone has any idea or suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  RCMS and BendMX help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx