gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 05:23:15 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Should Facebook Be Called Falsebook or Fakebook ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Should Facebook Be Called Falsebook or Fakebook ?  (Read 902 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Should Facebook Be Called Falsebook or Fakebook ?
« on: October 31, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »
Today I was reading an article on another site and it came to light that Facebook have a policy of allowing politicians to lie or mislead, worse this policy does not apply to the rest of us, thats a seriously concerning policy  :shocked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50249719

In September, Facebook clarified its fact-checking policy and said it would treat all posts by politicians as "newsworthy content" that should "be seen and heard".
Critics said the move would give politicians complete freedom to create deliberately misleading advertisements that could be promoted to millions of people on the social network.

In October, Facebook's chief executive Mark Zuckerberg was questioned by US congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez about the policy.
She asked whether she would be allowed to run ads on Facebook falsely claiming that Republican candidates had backed the "Green New Deal" environmental policy. "I think probably," said Mr Zuckerberg.

This policy revelation is in sharp contrast to the morals of a rival platform doing something honourable by stopping all paid political advertising on its platform, a real breath of fresh air , well done Twitter  :yes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50243306

Twitter is to ban all political advertising worldwide, saying that the reach of such messages "should be earned, not bought".

"While internet advertising is incredibly powerful and very effective for commercial advertisers, that power brings significant risks to politics," company CEO Jack Dorsey tweeted.

It seems Facebook are too busy chasing the quick dollar to bother with mere trifles such as allowing folks to get honest and reliable facts to base sound judgements on, and with the span of its userbase allowing this abuse of power by the already powerful simply to earn a chunk of the enormous advertising budgets fielded by corrupt regimes folks are left with a distinctly nasty taste, that taste is the legacy of mr zuckerberg.

It seems even some of the content moderators have had enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50247540

Cognizant, a professional services firm, is to stop moderating "objectionable" content on behalf of Facebook and other clients.
It follows an investigation by The Verge into working conditions and the mental health of employees working at an Arizona moderation centre on behalf of the social network.

My sympathies go out to those folks who have to suffer reading through day after day of vitriolic nastyness from the many deranged types whom troll Facebook.

Theres no honour when easy revenue streams are at stake so why not choose a truthful platform name that reflects this corrupt policy ?

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: Should Facebook Be Called Falsebook or Fakebook ?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 03:15:29 pm »
I would like to call it funbook and like I said somewhere else.
It is starting to be a great science and a lot of study to sift out fake from reality.
It is amazing to find how much old movie documentation and old picture archives exist and it is great that much of it is digitized, Complete libraries with millions of pages of which are many single authentic are digitized and thus saved  for the future, Once on the internet it is very hard to get lost..
I am still looking for a way to get digitized myself but I am afraid that I am not important enough to be saved for the future.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Should Facebook Be Called Falsebook or Fakebook ?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 04:36:07 pm »
Hmm I feel sure I'm headed for the recycle bin myself  :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Should Facebook Be Called Falsebook or Fakebook ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx