gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:29:59 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Free Broadband Thrown Into UK Election Offerings
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Free Broadband Thrown Into UK Election Offerings  (Read 665 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Free Broadband Thrown Into UK Election Offerings
« on: November 15, 2019, 07:57:06 am »
I like this idea  :-D :-D :-D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50427369

Labour has promised to give every home and business in the UK free full-fibre broadband by 2030, if it wins the general election.
The party would nationalise part of BT to deliver the policy and introduce a tax on tech giants to help pay for it.

BT chief executive Philip Jansen told BBC News he was happy to work with whoever wins the election to help build a digital Britain.

I think this sort of idea will have capitalists quaking in thier boots as entire swathes of middlemen are swept away, I feel something should be paid for broadband however as its hard to raise any complaints legally if your rights are depoendant on getting something for nothing, a hard to defend position, a token fee would remedey this of course.

This seems in line with a wider shift to a purely digital Britain where all govt services are operated online so the initial cost might seem excessive but will be recouped by more environmental friendky policies such as reducing the usage of paper and speeding up folks responses to enquiries and access to benefits etc, all things the internet generation have been heading towards.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Free Broadband Thrown Into UK Election Offerings

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx