gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 09:23:16 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  search problems
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: search problems  (Read 4492 times)

Ice^Princess

search problems
« on: June 07, 2005, 03:29:51 pm »
I haven't been on WinMx in a couple of years.  I just tried to start using it again last night and was unable to get any results from my searches.  Whenever I enter in an artist or song it just says waiting for resullts and nothing ever comes up.  I had version 3.3 so I downloaded v 3.53 thinking that was the problem.  I have no idea what I'm doing or where to even look for a problem. Help me please!!!!

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
search problems
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 07:11:44 pm »
Hi Ice Princess , we have for the last 6 months been dealing with a system that makes false files on WinMX , if you read the home page it contains most of the help that all the winmx forums are advising folks to use, what happens is for many artists the songs will just time out and never start , those are the fakes  :x

Just click on the world symbol and you will be returned to the frontpage
with the help you need on it, and welcome back  :D

PS: KM just dug me in the ribs and mentioned to me I have not read your post as well as I could have done ..lol

What I would suggest for no results is a firewall or router issue, and it may help to read through some tutorials for information

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/router_basics.html

If you need more specific info just pop back here and post some info about your computer setup and equipment in use ( type of firewall ,connections etc )  :)

Offline Neutron

• Forum Member
search problems
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 04:55:52 am »
For me it sounds like you're on primary, and can't receive the results from the WPN because they are rejected at the router or the firewall.
If I'm right, you should do like GhostShip said about port forwarding, or you can try with a secondary connection. See if you're able to connect and search, then see if you can download and upload  :)

Dusty

Suddenly Yellow Blinking Light 4 days on end
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 07:34:13 am »
((((((Dump all  of your (0) incomplete downloads))))))
I use
CCleaner.com  to clean with also
attach it to your  Recycle Bin also.
Get a antivirus and keep it updated,
use spybot S&D, spywareBlaster, ad-aware SE,a-squared, RegScrub XP if you have XP,CleanCache all found at
www.MajorGeeks.com
Update every windows update you can;and any  hot fix you have, also programs get corrupt; write them down get out your cds  remove them and reinstall
Change your  ports:
use low numbers (note your existing port #'s)
use winMX settings start in the internet connection area
Outgoing  and Incoming TCP pick a low #
also In/Out UDP Packets same thing Low #'s
also the
WinMX PeerNetwork change to (1) of the other Perferred Peer Cache areas

Look at your firewall*
follow gidelines listed on home page of Win MX World
You have to read study and search!
allow your new port numbers to be added (Requires a Restart)
There is a patch that will stop disconnects for xp users!
Read these forums and follow there advise
I used to keep 3,000 files now all i can keep is about 150 then all i get is  a yellow blinking light or connecting for 20 minutes then maybe any where from 1 hr up to 20 hrs later it might connect for another 20 minutes
CricketMX.com has a few good ideas also.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
search problems
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 01:01:55 pm »
Hi Dusty.
Seems you been doing your homework on how to get your WinMX working at its best..  :D

I used to keep 3,000 files now all i can keep is about 150 then all i get is a yellow blinking light or connecting for 20 minutes then maybe any where from 1 hr up to 20 hrs later it might connect for another 20 minutes

I am wondering if this is still a problem for you?  If it is then...
What version of WinMX are you using and are you on secondary or primary connection to WinMX?

Also..a couple notes I might add here about the advise you are giving.
I would advice people to not be so Trusting of ALL windows updates, although most are important, or a good idea I highly suggest people research the updates and not blindly let them happen.

As for changing ports its not necessary to choose only low numbers, the higher numbers can be very useful as well.  With 65536 numbers to choose from you cant hardly go wrong, mine are set at 60000 and 58000, have used ones like 80 and 120 also with good luck.  As long as we vary them its hard for the ISPs to block them.

If your still having problems after using any of this advice or the advice on the tutorials pages let us know..

Happy Hunting :wink:

Anonymous

search problems
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 05:58:49 pm »
I think the problem was that I had a primary connection. When I restarted with a secondary connection I began getting search results, but I' m still unable to download or upload.  It keeps timing out.  Thanks for all of your help!!!  It would have taken me forever to figure anything out.

doinky

off topic ?
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 07:43:55 pm »
can you explain why so many people dont preview their films and are sharing bogus or not real files.then i message them and tell them its bogus,either they dont respon usually the case,or they will say thanks for telling me but they keep on sharing the same bad files.is it just me or are people  really flooding the system with bogus files[not the record or movie people, i aware of them.just your regular people what gives?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
search problems
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 12:06:30 am »
Disrespect for other users!

These ppl that knowingly share files that are mislabeled or worse damaged in some way are either lazy and rude or uneducated and unthinking.

Your doing the best thing that you can though by sending them messages, I often find users that fit into both categories.

The rude and uncaring folks luckily are completely out numbered by the folks that are either like yourself and want to improve WinMX or are just unaware that they are having such an impact on others.. and teaching them gets them on the right track as good sharers..

So Doinky, welcome to the forum and thanks for trying to make WinMX a better World.

:wink:

FYI: VideoLan Client works great to preview what your downloading so you dont waste so much time on bogus avi files..

KM

search problems
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 08:52:48 am »
Quote from: me here
These ppl that knowingly share files that are mislabeled or worse damaged in some way are either lazy and rude or uneducated and unthinking.

or they work for "them"... oh, you already covered that  :lol:

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
search problems
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 06:12:54 pm »
:lol: KM
Welcome to the forum doinky!!

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  search problems

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx