gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 05, 2024, 03:29:38 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Out Of Date Cache Information - [Update: Resolved]
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Out Of Date Cache Information - [Update: Resolved]  (Read 1460 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Out Of Date Cache Information - [Update: Resolved]
« on: December 22, 2019, 03:26:57 am »
Folks theres an annoying problem that needs resolving, as I hope you know some of the caches appear and disappear and others pop up to take their place,  this is all done automatically and behind the scenes.

The problem however is that one of the domain operators that control the ability to direct the flows automatically has become uncontactable and this is causing folks to be directed to some dead or old cache addresses, I have made attempts to contact the operator but have made zero progress in that direction so to ensure we can put some sort of lid on this problem I would like you all for now to undertake the following action.

Go to the folder you have installed WinMx into and locate the file called Oledlg.ini, make a  zip/rar/7zip  copy of this file and replace it with the one below, this is a fix for the problem until we can resolve it, I apologise to you all for this annoyance but atm the relevant domain is sending folks to these locations amongst others.

68.41.180.239    c-68-41-180-239.hsd1.mi.comcast.net
188.165.1.171    ip171.ip-188-165-1.eu

Both of these are no longer in use and any traffic directed towards them is probably seen as an attack, we all want to be good net neighbours so lets act accordingly , please grab the file below and place it in the WinMx folder, it can be  viewed with notepad for those wishing to see whats in it.

Thank you all for your help in this matter folks  :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Out Of Date Cache Information
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 06:55:13 am »
put a notice in the header message of winmx to get ppl here

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 11:58:06 am »
I did think of that but I am not the one who usually plays with such things perhaps I should go find out where its at .

[update] I dont have access to that item but I am sure the person who does will read this.

Offline Rossi

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 10:08:41 pm »
You're not called half a job Ghostship for nothing.  :D

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 10:52:42 pm »
I am called part of a team Rossi.

Some folks make silly claims that one or two folks control everything and are out to grab as much power as they can and some trust their fellow network users to take a share of the responsibility, Merry Xmas btw its been a hectic year and its nice to see a reliable guest  8)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 04:40:42 am »
for peerblock for those who want to make sure...

Offline Rossi

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 06:35:24 am »
I am called part of a team Rossi.

Some folks make silly claims that one or two folks control everything and are out to grab as much power as they can and some trust their fellow network users to take a share of the responsibility, Merry Xmas btw its been a hectic year and its nice to see a reliable guest  8)

Merry Christmas to you all.  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 07:10:12 pm »
Good news folks, the operator of the problem domain has resolved the problem, it seems the operator was firstly not who it used to be so I was chasing the wrong person & and the new holder has been busy and oblivious to any problems going on, All should be well now and you can go back to using the old ini file I asked you all to zip, simply unzip it and overwrite the one I provided.

Cheers Operator and cheers to those of you who heard the call to action.  8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  Out Of Date Cache Information - [Update: Resolved]

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx