gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:34:03 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  MXcontrol Bot
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MXcontrol Bot  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
MXcontrol Bot
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:23:26 pm »
Hi, i've downloaded MXControl bot. However it doesn't connect to the wpn, I would like this bot in my channel along with another bot which I have asked for help with as well. I've worked with it on the Hex Editor, I changed the IP's like suggested, However it doesn't connect still. Is there any suggestion? Thanks Cam

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: MXcontrol Bot
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:39:15 am »
The MxControl bot is actually a RoboMx add-on, it was released with a specific version of Robomx and its the older RoboMx version thats the problem, if you slip the third party dll into the folder that MxControl is installed into it should work fine

https://download.winmxconex.com/ws2_32.dll

Remember to use the original version of Robomx shipped with MxControl and not one you have altered.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 11:54:12 am »
This can be done in Settings. Click View > Options > General........ on the right hand side you will see     WPN Setup, click on it and a new box will appear, put the dot in "Force connection to a specific primary node". In the top field enter   caches.winmxworld.net:6699
in the lower field enter    caches.winmxworld.net
Click OK then click apply. If it doesnt connect restart it and it "should"

I havent played around with this bot since like 2003 when i opened my first chat room, so gave it a look for old times sake  lol

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 01:37:43 pm »
I had a peek at it myself before I posted earlier but saw it wasnt the later robo version and thought the 6699 port on the cache would not work, the later robo has a proper editable cache join mechanism but I am happily surprised this older one can be made to work like this  :-D :-D

Thanks are due to Reef folks for sharing his expertise, well done buddy  8) 8) 8)

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 06:17:04 am »
Well...... it remained connected during the night and i closed it down in the morning. Later in the day i decided to try it again and no joy, no mattter what i tried. So you were right Ghost.... i guess it was just dumb luck the first time around  lol   :oops: :canadian:

hex editing the ip in exchange for a current one did the trick though  :)

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:20:57 am »
Damn,  :(

As you say Reef the IP can be hex edited , the src is also available and can be updated and  recompiled or we can throw in the 3rd party dll so lots of solutions really.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 10:18:31 pm »
Does the third party patch still work on newer systems? i have 1 pc on win 7 and one on win 10... the dll doesnt work for me on either.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 06:57:38 am »
Good old MS , the compulsion to break stuff to create the need for "updates" is very annoying.

I suspect it has more to do with code signing than anything else, if you can lock-out the competition you have won the monopoly game, something MS figured out from Apple.

What specific version of 10 do you have as I seem  to remember less of these issues back when it was new, I get the idea the forced updates are slowly altering the product so that older 32bit code becomes harder to use without some rigmarole.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 10:02:39 am »
gs: we need a 'hexedited' directory in the archive that has the versions of the tools that see the most use patched to the newest ips... at this point in time (2020) i dont think the original authors would care... if they are even around to be found anymore... ... the ws2 patch needs a note on the website that says it only works with xp and older too...

I think Stripes is right, the third party patch stopped working at win 7. My version of 10 is Pro, same as my win 7. It doesn't work on either.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 02:40:43 pm »
WinMx still works so the patch concept still retains its effectiveness.

Perhaps we need to look at a new third party patch ?

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 10:05:07 pm »
It would definitely come in handy, it was always a nice easy way of getting things connected  :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 04:39:37 am »
Quote from: GS
What specific version of 10 do you have as I seem  to remember less of these issues back when it was new, I get the idea the forced updates are slowly altering the product so that older 32bit code becomes harder to use without some rigmarole.

32bit code is still very much supported in the windows world... there is even a 32bit version of windows 10 which can still run 16bit code.. 32bit version of windows 7 is what the 3rd party patch didn't work on for me..

Quote from: Reef
It would definitely come in handy, it was always a nice easy way of getting things connected  :)
it very much would be i agree, the catch is that it cant be a system file like the winsock hack.... ...so im not entirely sure how the new patch would get injected... perhaps an .exe wrapper/launcher that catches things before they start?

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 01:50:28 am »
You guys a awesome! It worked. I'm using it now thanks so much guys! Cam

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  MXcontrol Bot

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 25 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx