gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 01:36:46 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  The Man Who Would Be King ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Man Who Would Be King ?  (Read 1399 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
The Man Who Would Be King ?
« on: May 27, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »
I dont normally bother with political shenanigans but this worried me and should worry anyone who believes in free speech.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52821304

President Trump has taken the extraordinary step of threatening to close down social media platforms.
The threat came after Twitter added fact-check links to his tweets for the first time.

Last night, a couple of Trump tweets raging about "fraudulent" postal ballots in US elections featured - for some users but not all - a strapline linking to what Twitter called "facts about mail-in ballots."

This then led to a page debunking the president's claims but featuring articles from two organisations he regards as his sworn enemies, CNN and the Washington Post.

It seems pointing out any fairy stories is high treason to king Trump  :/

"Republicans feel that social-media platforms totally silence conservatives voices.
"We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen.

I doesnt surprise me that such hypocrisy is displayed, we all know that free speech means folks are allowed to say stuff , whats different here is that "The Mighty One"  thinks no one else is allowed to have the same right, a dangerous time to play King Mr Trump.

No doubt he will shut down the internet next week  :crazy:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: The Man Who Would Be King ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:15:25 pm »
The mighty one seems unable to read either  :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52843986

US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order aimed at removing some of the legal protections given to social media platforms.

It gives regulators the power to pursue legal actions against firms such as Facebook and Twitter for the way they police content on their platforms.

Under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act social networks are not generally held responsible for content posted by their users, but can engage in "good-Samaritan blocking", such as removing content that is obscene, harassing or violent.

The executive order points out that this legal immunity does not apply if a social network edits content posted by its users. The order is expected to face legal challenges.

Allowing a post/msg  but posting a warning after it is not considered editing, that description is reserved for the act of "editing" where the original material is altered or reworked in some way, that has not happened in any case I know of with social media platforms.

I think all of the privately owned platforms should ban the troll, theres nothing in the law forbidding that, no posts, no editing. :-D

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 01:59:25 am »
https://www.bitchute.com/video/6g1JlGJ8cz4/  -- this is a much more balanced look than what the bbc would ever give and

https://www.bitchute.com/video/QVr45RQQrF4/ --- this is pretty creepy dontcha think.. and..

this orange man bad bullshit needs to stop... im just glad you dont live in this country to vote in our polls... there might be hope if you didnt brown nose state owned media that propagandizes any what it wants on the taxpayer dime.. why do you think ppl what it defunded??...

if you want to make this site political, go for it, but dont get pissed when i start linking breitbart articles again..

my ultimate suggestion is to delete this entire thread and keep this site 'winmx only' ...

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 03:05:31 am »
....my ultimate suggestion is to delete this entire thread and keep this site 'winmx only' ...

I agree that this topic should not be continued.
However it is not our policy to delete things like this although we occasionally chose to move them out of the publics eye.

That being said let me just repeat what Obama tweetet in answer to trump on another topic:  Vote!

This thread will now be locked.

nylly
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  The Man Who Would Be King ?

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx