gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 18, 2024, 08:54:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  World Gone Mad ? - Coronavirus
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: World Gone Mad ? - Coronavirus  (Read 1265 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
World Gone Mad ? - Coronavirus
« on: March 24, 2020, 11:35:37 pm »
It seems many of us are living under new rules, regulations or emergency laws designed to protect us from a nasty virus.

Looking at the available data it seems its the sick & elderly  taking nearly all of the losses of life, in fact anyone with a low immune system or pre existing condition is especially vulnerable.

The symptoms are an elevated temperature and an annoying dry cough, unlike flu your unlikely to have a dripping nose and other signs of "normal" viral infection, the danger is targetted at your lungs and the cough is an indication of impending pneumonia, its the pneumonia that is the danger.

I hope all of the above is pretty clear and basic in terms of physical damage.

The Important part you all need to do is avoid as many folks as you can and stay in your home for as long as possible without outside contact,  if you must go out stand ( or walk ) well away from others, try to limit how you pay for goods to cashless methods if possible as coins and  some notes can carry the virus for a time, use gloves if you have them when handling anything, and the most important routine to get into is "decontamination"  when you reach home.

Washing your hands is key but anything worn outside the home when going out including shoes and clothes could in theory be a source of infection, and for good measure remember those doors you opened to get into your home ?

I hope your all getting the idea now on the level of attention to detail you may need to observe, keys, phones in fact anything you took out with you will also need to be wiped with a sanitisation/ anti virus wipe or cloth , for this reason travel light , pre arrange fresh clothing/ slippers etc for your return and ensure hand wipes etc are placed near the entry/exit point to your home.

I know this might sound a bit stark/scary to many of you but the risk of not taking matters seriously is that those most vulnerable to the virus will likely get it from a friend or relative, whilst most folks will shake this virus off within less than a week a sizable group of folks will be seriously affected and some even die from its effects and as you all can figure out, you can only get this virus from coming into contact with a carrier, dont let that be you, the old folks and those with medical conditions are relying on the rest of us to keep them safe, pleae do your bit and keep yourself virus free.

Theres a lot of sensible information from your Govt online to check the specifics guidlines for where you live but taking matters seriously and isolating yourself is the current best advice and it kind of makes sense I'm sure you all agree.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

[update] It was suggested to me that face touching (a normal human habit that we do without thinking about it) may well be a potential infection route into the home , to combat this threat washing of the face as well as the hands when you enter your home is suggested as an important prevention strategy.

Offline wonderer

• MX Hosts
Re: World Gone Mad ? - Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 01:57:24 am »
wash your hands when you used the keyboard don't touch your touchscreen without gloves, no P2P within 10 feet
Well, its serious and dangerous, but not more than Spanish flu or black death. The difference is that we have now many more people per square feet on earth and the world shrunk quite a few times by all flying we do.
The positive effect of the "close down" is that we now get a good impression what effect a slowed  economy has on our environment. water in canals and rivers are much cleaner and the air is that much more clean that you can see stars I have not seen in years and in daylight you have clear sight, almost beyond the horizon.
And indeed, avoid groups of people, keep your distance, it seems to be that corona survives better on flat surface than on cloth, going outside is rather safe as long as you keep your distance.
I am at higher risk with prognosed COPD , cannot afford another pneumonia, but all you can do is try not to catch it. be safe and stay healthy, all of you.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 06:09:03 am »
...just making some noise since this was posted march 24 and its april 3 .... hope everyone is still alive and healthy

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 07:28:22 am »
It seems we have entered the time of disaster movie-comes-true  :(

Good call Stripes, a battle has many aspects and morale and friendship are key components that many overlook, I get my temperature checked 2 times a day as I still have to attend work (essential supplier)  and we have to do a 2 metre apart dance around the building, gloves and masks are the new norm.

Some poor guy is on permanent wipe down duty with doors dustbin lids and anything else that we might touch, until folks start dropping like flies it seems a bit surreal  but given the speed of the spread and the small but definite quantity of folks not taking it seriously enough I suspect every populated area will see an unwelcome increase in the loss of life.

Recently a few friends passed away and no one was allowed to attend their cremation / burial, such things can be marked thankfully when the threat is over but it brings home the reality of just how upsetting the loss of those around us in short succession can be.

I know this might sound unsavoury but folks are even discussing what should happen if they pass away. the focus is still on avoiding the virus but mentally preparing yourself for the worst can sharpen the mind towards the danger. while we are still above ground.

Stay smiling and stay in doors  :yes:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  World Gone Mad ? - Coronavirus

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx