gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76781 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 July 27, 2024, 09:08:30 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  RCMS on Windows 10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RCMS on Windows 10  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
RCMS on Windows 10
« on: January 08, 2020, 02:07:07 am »
Hi, I've installed RCMS in my Program files on Windows 10. However it does not work. I've ran it under admin. I've done Capability mode. Still doesn't work. I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I downloaded RCMS8.0. From patched. I unzipped the file. I opened the English folder chose XP. I then moved the 2 dll's into my Winmx program files folder. It still doesn't run. Am I doing something incorrectly or does RCMS not run on Win 10? Thanks for any advice and suggestions you can give me.

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: RCMS on Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 03:22:09 am »
run it as admin and tell me what that does

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 03:32:32 am »
I just did it again. Nothing. it doesn't do anything. Winmx comes up normal. I go into my chat. No RCMS

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:39:37 am »
do you -need- RCMS? there are other chat alternatives...

best way to get software that old working tho is to use an XP virtual machine

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 03:46:44 am »
Ok that's what I figured. I have one. I just rather use Win 10. But I'll keep using my XP VM. Thanks for the help. :)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 03:57:23 am »
you -might- be able to get win10 to do what you want if you install the 32bit version and turn off UAC

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 04:00:04 am »
I hadn't even thought about that. I might do another VM of Win 10 32. and try that. Thank you!

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 08:03:46 am »
If you prefer to run win 10, you could just run Ouka chat server which is basically a new and improved rcms with better security and loaded with options. Definitely worth the time checking it out.

*Latest versions attached* - maybe they can be added to the archive here

570b was (Fixed For Channel Attacks) or attempted to

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 03:06:51 pm »
Ok thanks! I'll give that one a try. I'm using a different one right now. But if that's the updated version I'll try it. Thank you very much! I wanted the RCMS for the commands in my Winmx scrool. but I'll think of something that will work. I know my dad is getting me a desktop and a old/new laptop for me. I'm thinking on one of those I'll install XP so I can use the scroll.

Offline reef

• WMW Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 11:22:45 pm »
If your not aware there is also an Ouka Chat Client which will have most, if not all your scroll commands, the config might also be edited (im not sure on this) to add any missing commands if there is any missing. Maybe have a look here

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/Ouka/Chat%20Client3/

i'm not an ouka user, have just messed around with it a little bit years ago, so maybe its not exactly what your after.... check it out though, it just MIGHT be lol :)

(i t"hink" i used the 100a version in testing)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 10:17:17 pm »
Thank you! That has exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 09:17:26 pm »
Wondering if anyone has an old RCMS ChatStartup.txt that they used for their channel that they don't mind sharing with me. I'd great appreciate it. Thanks Cam!

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 01:24:25 pm »
Does anyone know what code RCMS is written in and the source code for RCMS? Thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 01:29:44 pm »
Theres no publicly available src code for RCMS, it was released By Nushi a Japanese coder, the nearest equivalent to it with open src is essentially BendMx, both programs are written in MFC thats part of VC++/Visual Studio C++

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 09:20:38 pm »
Ok, Thank you GhostShip. I'm having one of my friends look at it. He wanted to know. But he said he can get it without me telling him. But it would make it easier. Thank you again. If he can do it. I'll have an updated version of it soon working for Windows 10. If I do, I'll be sure to give it to WinMXworld.com :) Thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 10:09:22 pm »
There are plenty of tools available to spy over file properties and get an idea on how things are operating, but it all starts off with a thirst for knowledge and the time to explore, so far you know about hex editing but another useful tool is the resource hacker, this tool is great for swapping strings in a file for other language support but takes a bit of practice to get good at, most of the programs that are not translated by a programmer are converted using such a tool, this is another good "toy" to explore.

Very powerful tools like idapro can deliver a raft of data on any program, for this reason some programs are semi encrypted by a program known as a packer but thats another whole field of research, for now getting to know a few of the helpful programs allows you to tweak and play and work up to bigger things with a good understanding of some of the many techniques used to keep old software running and usable.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 05:28:34 pm »
There are plenty of tools available to spy over file properties and get an idea on how things are operating, but it all starts off with a thirst for knowledge and the time to explore, so far you know about hex editing but another useful tool is the resource hacker, this tool is great for swapping strings in a file for other language support but takes a bit of practice to get good at, most of the programs that are not translated by a programmer are converted using such a tool, this is another good "toy" to explore.

Very powerful tools like idapro can deliver a raft of data on any program, for this reason some programs are semi encrypted by a program known as a packer but thats another whole field of research, for now getting to know a few of the helpful programs allows you to tweak and play and work up to bigger things with a good understanding of some of the many techniques used to keep old software running and usable.

Where would I find these tools? That would be really cool to learn and try. Thanks Cam

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 07:18:26 am »
This is a good tool.

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

This is the free version of this tool so it has limitations but should still be most helpful

https://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/support/download_freeware/

This one is supposed to be good but i havent tried it myself

https://ghidra-sre.org/

This is a less powerful tool

http://www.backerstreet.com/rec/recdload.htm

This is helpful for discovering what functions are called by a particular program from the standard windows libraries.

https://www.dependencywalker.com/

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 04:26:13 pm »
thanks :) I'm going to try editing stuff. I want to see if I can change Ouka language from Japanese to English. XD Thanks, Cam

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  RCMS on Windows 10

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.014 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx