gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:20:38 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Building a new BendMX with Visual Studio.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Building a new BendMX with Visual Studio.  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Building a new BendMX with Visual Studio.
« on: September 29, 2020, 07:50:45 pm »
I'm trying to rebuild a new BendMX with visual studio with the help of a friend. However when we go to build the solution it gives us errors. which I have also included a screenshot of. Is there anyway someone can help us understand what is wrong? Thanks Cam. Any help or suggestions thanks! Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Building a new BendMX with Visual Studio.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 12:29:52 am »
It looks to me that the project type is wrong simply because a lot of your errors indicate a missing  template library  (ATL), I dont remember Bendmx having any need for such a Library.

Some of the other errors might be due to not having all of the plugins included.

The project type should be an MFC dll as its not going to be an exe file. 

PS: Let us know what version your working on so further help might be obtained.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 01:27:47 am »
Hey Ghostship, thank you. I'm working on 399.a3 And I'll try that about the MFC build. Thank you :)

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 04:59:22 am »
Correction on the build I'm working on it's actually 399.a1. Sorry about that.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 06:08:42 pm »
We have updated the source code. No errors anymore. Now how do we create a self extracting exe for the updated files to install in the winmx folder and how do I know what files to put in there? Thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 06:25:18 pm »

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 06:28:08 pm »
Ok thanks Ghostship. I'll try right now. I'll let you know soon if I come across any problems! Thanks again! Cam.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 06:56:14 pm »
Hey, I'm new to all this. from the source code that i've updated. where do I start first.  (NSIS) or one of the other programs? and how do I know which files to include in the programs. Thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 07:38:26 pm »
Install NSIS as thats the engine that creates the installer using a script, you can wiite or edit the script yourself but theres a whole raft of really helpful editors about including the one i use, install one of the editors after installing NSIS and that should help you with the install script or in some cases generate the file based on the data you inputted.

The file folks will require is found in the "Release" or "Debug" folder as the output from your IDE or Visual studio. project. you basically have to set the installer to place the bendmx.dll  file into the winmx folder its pretty easy stuff.

Create yourself a test folder and then change the install path if things work ok in the test.

PS: As this is open src you'll need to either share the parts you have updated with a link to the original src location or share the whole src in a compressed archive, I usually go for the sharing of the new part and a link to the old files to save space , a third option is to share the whole src from a web location if that helps.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 09:05:39 pm »
Sorry for the late reply. I'll start working on that now. what about if I give a link to WinmxWorld archive mxcontrol for the source? Is that ok? Thanks Cam. Also I'll be giving you the new exe along with the updated source codes.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 09:31:46 pm »
You can link here of course but we prefer if folks get the src from sourceforge while its still there.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mxcontrol/files/BendMX/BendMX%203.99%20Alpha1/BendMX399a1_src.zip/download

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 02:02:24 am »
Hey, ok I'll link it there. but i've ran into a snag. I can't get the exe to work. I've included the work I've done in a zip folder here. Take a look and see if we've done anything wrong. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 07:36:05 pm »
I dont have this newer version of visual studio so unless you build the project and give up either the release or debug folder output (The new DLL whatever you renamed it to ) theres little to help you with.

I would still advise going with the NSIS installer as once its setup up you can use the same script many projects over with a simple text replace.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 01:44:28 pm »
Hey, I thought that folder was included. I've tried to upload it here it will not upload. If you'll come to my channel the folder is in my shared. it's called BendMX_Debug.zip thanks :) Cam.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2020, 02:23:22 pm »
Teen Hangouts_AA3458321A23

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 02:41:16 pm »
You can also download the full folder in my shared in my channel. BendMX 399.a1_VS Build.zip it's in Çâmláñ Shared folder. Thanks Cam.

Offline Camlan04

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 06:21:28 pm »
Hey Ghostship. I don't know of my friend understands what to do or what it requires to rebuild the BendMX. Can you tell me what needs to be done exactly. You can tell me in pm here or in my channel, it's up to you if you can. thanks Cam.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 11:46:07 pm »
I think we can get things rolling ok in the PM, it wont be too exciting to post up all the steps here  :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Other Software  |  Building a new BendMX with Visual Studio.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx