gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 06:45:49 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  MXUnlimited broken?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MXUnlimited broken?  (Read 13578 times)

Offline Kal

• Forum Member
  • 10 yr chat host
MXUnlimited broken?
« on: May 06, 2016, 04:37:39 am »
For at least the last several days the MXUnlimited channel list is no longer automatically adding new rooms, so any host whos IP changed is apparently stranded.

Is there a fix in the works?
Is this still the only web list?

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: MXUnlimited broken?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 10:39:19 am »
mxunlimited somewhat recently sprang back to life.... the bad part is you really need to give it a day or two to have a new room or changed room show up...

Offline Kal

• Forum Member
  • 10 yr chat host
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:43 pm »
Yeah, I saw the list go from 101 up to 116. Lots of rooms are still stranded tho, Cleos rooms have been up the whole time and arent there.
I'm using her as my canary since I'm still on ouka and its still under DDoS, lol

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:15:27 pm »
Josh has been rewriting the website and its database was cleared recently. It is currently rebuilding the list of rooms but to be detected you need to operate your room in online mode until the room shows on the list and then you can go back to running it in offline mode.

A way to manually add rooms to the list will be returning eventually, when that is I can't say as Josh is busy with other things.

Offline Kal

• Forum Member
  • 10 yr chat host
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:20:28 pm »
If it takes more than a day [some unlisted rooms have been in online mode since the start] is there a more efficacious set of blocklists for using in peerblock?
I've observed that the default lists on peerblock only stop ~40%, at best, of the tidal wave of outgoing udp traffic. I live in a country that has little sense of humor about people cyber-attacking their war department, etc. ;)

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 09:35:44 pm »
try https://www.iblocklist.com/list.php?list=ijfqtofzixtwayqovmxn -- this was used as the base for a 'junk' list on winmxgroup.net once .. should work again.. ...in all honesty you can only protect it from spitting data at the wrong addresses... so much randomness its hard to get through...

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »
One thing to be mindful of, if winmxworld cannot ping your room it wont list it. Some users have explained to us that peerblock lists they were using had the winmxunlimited IP's in their blocklist.

To further clarify, the website has two IP's the one that you use to browse the site and a separate one that pings rooms. It is this second IP you need to whitelist, I do not currently know the IP I think it's either hosted by Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Heroku or Digital Ocean.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 04:47:39 pm »
Blegh I meant to say "if winmxunlimited cannot ping your room" so many winmx addresses I'm getting confused :P

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »
You had my interest there with that typo, had me thinking along the lines of "I turn my back for a few minutes and god knows whats going on", sort of pleased it was all a delusion  *phew*  :lol: :lol:

Offline Kal

• Forum Member
  • 10 yr chat host
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 01:26:58 am »
Well that could certainly explain why people cant get on the list!
I tried setting Peerblock>Port Settings to allow in/out on my ouka port 5 hrs ago but so far no luck.

What we could really use is a whitelist for peerblock to protect certain important IPs, such as the caches, josh's bot, and the major winmx help rooms.

Offline Kal

• Forum Member
  • 10 yr chat host
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:47:31 pm »
OK  :D setting Peerblock>Port Settings to allow in/out on the chat server port did work in the end.

A whitelist would probably still be a good idea to avoid future issues.

Offline Pri

• MX Hosts
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »
Due to the way that the port checks winmxunlimited perform are done from random IP's and locations it would make a whitelist hard. It's hosted from cloud computing platforms so the gateway IP's change all the time and we're not made aware of what they are etc

It's best not to run peerblock with such broad blocks as you just saw it's inaccurate if it is blocking winmxunlimited, we're clearly not a malware organisation etc

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Chat Issues  |  MXUnlimited broken?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx