gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 11:05:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap Servers  |  Trouble importing .wsx files for Open Nap capability
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Trouble importing .wsx files for Open Nap capability  (Read 7486 times)

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
Trouble importing .wsx files for Open Nap capability
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:36:52 am »
I just installed WinMX 3.54 on my HP laptop running Vista and although I haven't actually downloaded any music yet (nothing I want currently), it seems to be working okay. My only problem came when I tried to add Open Nap sharing to my program....

I downloaded 2 .wsx files no problem, but when I went to Import those .wsx files into my Networks, I found there is no longer a right-click option to "Import" the file when right-clicking the .wsx file in the Transfers window (like on my old ver 3.31). So, instead I clicked on the "Import .wsx" button in the Networks window and tried to "Browse" to the files to add them, but it showed them as "Incomplete" in my Music folder, even though they were in fact entirely downloaded and "Complete". Finally, I highlighted one of the supposed "Incomplete" files in my Music folder and hit the "Open" tab, and then the new servers were somehow added to my Networks window. This procedure only worked once though, when I tried it a second time for the other .wsx file I downloaded, nothing happened and no new servers got added to my Networks window this time.

Am I doing this right? Why did the .wsx files display as Incomplete when they were complete in my Music folder? And why on earth has the "Import" option been removed when right-clicking a .wsx file in the Transfers window? I really miss that function, it was by far the simplest and seemingly iron-clad way to accomplish the task, at least I never experienced any problems that way.

Am I doing something wrong??? :S

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Trouble importing .wsx files for Open Nap capability
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:38 am »
Yes your doing things correctly JJ, this is a Vista permissions problem as WinMX changes the filenames when completed and Vista is not happy to let it.  The solution is in the Vista section of the forum.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4804.0.html

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:24:27 pm »
Okay, I read that looooong, diagrammed procedure to get this "Incomplete" file issue rectified, that's alotta steps. I'll take a shot at it soon as I'm home and on my own machine.

Just one question, what if I were to just do a name-change to eliminate the "Incomplete" designation at the beginning of the .wsx filename, to change the "Incomplete" file to a complete one? Would I then be able to import the file without a problem?...

Of course, I'm also realizing from reading the referred text that there's an issue with music files also downloaded in Vista (I've yet to download any), so I suppose it'd be a chore to change ALLLLL those titles to remove the "Incomplete" notation within the Library.

Btw, how would I change the path to where my music is stored, for uploading purposes? Is it the same as the single path I see designated under "Library", is that the path for both my downloads and uploads?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 05:46:25 pm »
You could of course rename the files by hand and I see no reason for them not to be fine .

You can change the incoming files location in the settings panel JJ, look on the left for "File Transfers" click this and look at the top righ of the box and change the incoming location there, we advise using a folder in the root of your drive c:\MxReceived Folder  as in other paths information about your XP UserName can be exposed.

Offline jj007

• Forum Member
  • HUH?!!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 12:27:56 pm »
Re. GhostShip's (supervisor) reference to resolve this "Incomplete" file problem -- >> this is a Vista permissions problem as WinMX changes the filenames when completed and Vista is not happy to let it.  The solution is in the Vista section of the forum - https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=4804.0.html <<

I thank you! I followed that loooong, complicated (not really) procedure and it looks like it worked!! My files are now downloading as complete and being directed to my new "Music Downloads" folder as directed. It's so satisfying when it all workd right!

I also found the location under Settings to change the path to my music. I think I musta missed it up at the tippy-top of that "Files Transfer" window on the right.

Thanks for all the help. Hopefully it'll be clear sailing and happy downloading from here out! Woo-hoooooo................

--joanne

WinMX World :: Forum  |  OpenNap Help  |  OpenNap Servers  |  Trouble importing .wsx files for Open Nap capability

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx