gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 10, 2024, 06:36:30 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  wcs servers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: wcs servers  (Read 3166 times)

Highwayman.000

wcs servers
« on: January 08, 2006, 05:16:43 pm »
can some-one tell me why it is increasingly difficult to re-direct rooms ,or tell me what i'm doing wrong ,we have all the latest winmx patches,wcs 173,peer guardian ,sygate,etc but we cannot re-direct,

KM

wcs servers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 05:54:10 pm »
what problem are you having while redirecting?

Highwayman.000

wcs servers
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 09:22:06 am »
hi km ,we cannot re-direct between rooms "re-direct failed" comes up every time,we both run xp,pro sp2 and have had this prob for about 2 weeks,we havbe tried turning off f/walls & p/g but still fails any ideas would be welcome ,i'm not sure if my previous message was sent
 ,thanks,

KM

wcs servers
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:31:20 am »
are you able to join the destination channel normally, just not redirect in to it?

Highwayman.000`

wcs servers
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 11:05:00 am »
we have been having problems entering each others rooms ,also rooms not showing up on lists,a new heading has appeared on my winmx "currently blocking flooders to protect the network ," as for the re-direct prob i think i've solved it ,it appears i may have un-configured my router ,i went back to a normal adsl modem and was able to re-direct ok ,so, sorry to have bothered you and thanks for your help,

KM

wcs servers
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 01:22:53 pm »
redirects won't work unless people can join the channel, so that would explain why you were having problems :-)

and just thought I would mention that whenever I am doing a redirect of a channel I always join the new channel first, it just checks everything is working (as well as meaning i can watch both channels to watch that the redirect goes smoothly)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
wcs servers
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 03:42:29 pm »
I always search for a guinea pig to exile before redirecting a whole room ;)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Highwayman.000

wcs
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 06:08:33 pm »
re-set, router  changed room 2 times then no go, re-direct failed ,i don't think it is just us ,so it looks as though we will be following the others,to another more stable platform ,pity i liked winmx ,i can't think of anything else that it can be .

KM

wcs servers
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 10:54:24 pm »
erm, if resetting your router is causing it to stop working then it is likely that your LAN IP Address of your computer keeps changing, making the port forwarding invalid (as the IP Address it is pointing to is no longer correct) - check your LAN IP Address and if it is that it keeps changing try setting a static LAN IP and that should fix it, if this is the problem then it will effect any program you try to use that requires inbound connections and would have to be resolved for you to host anything

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  wcs servers

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx