gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:43:08 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS 1.73
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WCS 1.73  (Read 2285 times)

Faithless06

WCS 1.73
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:01:01 pm »
Hey all i am The Host Of Teen room that will be comming to the WinMx Network Soon At The Moment We Are Testing WCS. One Thing I Have Noticed Is That Kingmacro As Updated His Site To Tell Us That An Update As Been Released But When You Restart WCS The Download akes Place But The Config File As Not Changed So Users Of WCS Can Not Use The Updated Features

If There Is Somethink I Am Missing Or If Anyone As The Config File Which Will Make These New Features Active Please Tell Me Here

Thanks Is Anvanced

KM

WCS 1.73
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:57:12 pm »
when it updates it doesn't modify the config file, othewise every time an update was released everyones config files would need to be re-written, if a setting is not found in the config file then WCS just uses the default setting for that option. To change the default settings just add the setting to your config file :-)

Faithless06

WCS 1.73
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:04:49 am »
yeah thats what i thought so if i wanted to change the invalid password attempts what would the string be

guessed

WCS 1.73
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 12:42:20 pm »
Quote from: Faithless06
yeah thats what i thought so if i wanted to change the invalid password attempts what would the string be

just guessing, but i think the thing to do would be to download the latest full zip file and compare the changes in the sample config.

it would also help if the overworked KM would:
1] add a version indicator in the current zip file name like "wcs v1.7.3.zip"
2] include a version or changes text file to document new thangs

Faithless06

WCS 1.73
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 12:55:11 pm »
yeah i agree there again but i will admit i know km is busy as he keeps on stating and we have all got to bare that in mind but lillte things like whay we are asking fill not take more than 5 mins to fix

guessed

WCS 1.73
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 01:06:05 pm »
Quote from: guessed
Quote from: Faithless06

just guessing, but i think the thing to do would be to download the latest full zip file and compare the changes in the sample config.

I guessed wrong, for the v1.7.3 changes.. Neither the number of password attempts nor the AllowMulti= is documented by either the /help command list or the zipped config.ini file.  Not sure if there is even a command available for the wrong pass function.  It may be hard coded.

KM

WCS 1.73
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 02:00:34 pm »
The number of attempts isn't configurable because of the method it uses to count them :-)

Faithless06

WCS 1.73
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 02:51:38 pm »
ok km thanks for that info when will a new relaese be comming out and what can i look foward to seeing in the new release

KM

WCS 1.73
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 03:00:57 pm »
who knows? :-)

Faithless06

WCS 1.73
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 08:19:24 pm »
i really dislike vain people lol KM can you help me admin my room please i really need professional help

TEEN CHAT UK _710AD4AC0003

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
WCS 1.73
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 05:05:09 am »
Hey !!  We saw him first  :o

:lol:

Faithless06

WCS 1.73
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 11:23:17 am »
I have decided to not host a chat room on the winmx network this is because no one wanted to help and i am at work most of the time so no one would be keeping an eye on the room if anyone thinks i aughta host a room suggestions will be taken either here on on my msn account

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
WCS 1.73
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 03:44:08 pm »
hello i m a admin in MOVIE   MAYHEM an old room while the old host has been away but i havnt used alot of hosting stuff and and just throwing up a temp room . since this is gonna be more permanent i downloaded w.c.s.173 and the easiest bot . from the start 10 how do i connect wcs to my channel , and how do i add the bot i have .   forget the bot how do i get the wcs1.73 server to run my room . please help . tryig to keep winmx and this old room alvie . www.hotburrito1@yahoo.com. at one time we had a mirc room a trivia room etc. etc. now since new ppl have come to mx they raid ur room and spamm ppl rite in ur room which b4 wasn't done just outta respect . .i could use some help i know time and priorities come first  but if some one could  i thank you . :?:  :?:

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
WCS 1.73
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 06:21:31 pm »
Have a look at this tutorial about how to set up a room with wcs:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/wcs_chat_server.html

To make the room accessible for most bots you might wanna change the default port from 3 to anything above 1024 as most bots don't like the lower number.
Good luck and let us know about any specific problems :)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  WCS 1.73

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx