gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 03, 2024, 11:16:27 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Problems after New Hard drive install
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Problems after New Hard drive install  (Read 1244 times)

Diveanx

Problems after New Hard drive install
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:45:14 pm »
I had my WinMx version 3.53 with the pie patch working beautifully and then I had a hard drive crash so I installed a new bigger drive.

It was the same make and model as I was using just bigger.

I installed my WinMx and the pie patch and have not been able to get my ports to pick up in the install.

I tried the same ports I was using before (51001 TCP and 51005 UDP) but I ahve tried a few others and I cant get them WinMx to get a connection through them.

I have a Linksys WRT54G Wireless G router and I have my ports open but just cant seem to get it working.

I even tried downloading the 3.54 version and using the nwinmx.exe patch and I still cant seem to get it working correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreicated. I have a new BIGGER harddrive that needs some love

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 02:03:21 pm »
HI Diveanx,

This sounds like a port problem however, you mention getting WinMx to connect.  So I do want to make sure that on the Networks page WinMx does connect and turn green but there are other problems?
Or are you worried about the TCP connection test during setup?

I guess I just need to know more specifically what type of connection problem you have.

If its just ports, the set up wizard wont work since the new caches are in place except on default ports.  Its best to skip that and tell it you want to configure manually then set up the ports.

If you have done this and Winmx is connecting on the networks page but no uploads or downloads, it may be that the Internal IP address your router assigns the computer has changed.
To verify go to
Start > Run > type 'cmd'
Then in the Black box type 'ipconfig'  there you will see listed a Default IP Address.. this has to match the ones set in the router.

Diveanx

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:38:39 pm »
Okay let me see if I can give some more info.

As of right now I am running version 3.54 with the nowinmx.exe patch.

I checked the ip as you asked and the internal ip is teh same that is set in my router.

I am using ports 51001 for TCP and 51005 for UDP and they are set in the router as well.

I can connect and get a green light.

I can put in several artists names and if I get any at all its only a very few and no one can download from me.

I did not have this problem before I swapped hard drives so I am stumped :-(

I have a hungry new hard drive with no one that loves it LOL

Diveanx

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 01:10:13 am »
any more suggestions?

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 06:08:10 am »
What firewall are you using?

Also what antivirus, Norton is the worst at this cause folks think Firewall, but the worm protection will also block a priamry from working right, that has to be permitted also.

If the port is set in the router, and winmx .. and you have made sure its either set in the xp firewall or the firewall is disabled.. then it may be that we need to either change ports and try or bypass the router and see if this helps to narrow where the problem may be...

Diveanx

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 12:46:53 pm »
I am using eTrust antivirus (by computer associates). I have the Windows firewall disabled. I have tried it wil the eTrust firewall off and uninstalled.

I also have the firewall disabled in the router. I have tried the default ports. Ihave tried 16699 and 16251. The ones I am using now are the ones I used last time which are 51001 and 51005.

Ill try and disconnect the router in a little bit and see if that makes any difference.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Problems after New Hard drive install

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx