gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 05:47:12 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Chat Bot
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chat Bot  (Read 3510 times)

Offline macleod

• Forum Member
Chat Bot
« on: February 21, 2008, 05:34:02 am »
is there any posible way to connect the irc chat bot to the winmx server so we can run the irc trivia bot and such on the winmx protocols

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Chat Bot
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:10:18 am »
There is a way to have an IRC room join an Mx room, Eagle ( an Italian Programmer) has  released a tool for the job that is not yet in the archives so give us a lttle time and I,ll try to locate and upload it.

Can you specify what type of bot your talking about so I can look it over to see if its possible to modify it to use mx chats, there would need to be some routines added to allow this but most can be found in the mxsock example at 2sn .

[update] This is Eagles project, you will need to point to an irc room as well as an mx one in the text config filre to make the transfer of text possible as you may have guessed.

Offline eOs

• Forum Member
  • «•·.¸¸.·´¯`ë()§´¯`·.¸¸.·•»
    • Royal Rom Bar
Re: Chat Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:41:16 pm »
I've been a user of the IRC2MX bot for a while, its still a very simple dos interface that connects to both the WinMX protocol (MXSOCKS) but also connects to certain IRC servers.

Not all servers allow bots and a majority of them will block or disconnect the bot for flooding.   The bot parses data from the MX room to the IRC room and vice versa.  Colours however do not make the transition, and action commands do not show from MX to IRC.   IRC colours display as a number before the text and depending on your IRC client, you may not be able to read the ascii characters.   Using Ouka has seemed to be the easiest since you can use the NickName command (using the configuration TXT) and it makes for a much simpler transition.

It is also possible to link several MX/IRC Rooms using the same bot but different configuration files, this can create an echo if there are two bots in the same room but with 5 MX rooms and 5 IRC bots and only ONE IRC room works very well with almost no lag between communications.

One big issue that hopefully will be resolved, Metis sees the IRC user as a seperate user for each line, so Bot Games in MX will not work.  MXC commands and single line menu commands work fine, though I have not tested the IRC Trivia function or the IRC Request post script. 

I plan to in the future as more and more users use IRC on their mobile devices - we even have a Java Applet on our site so our members can access the IRC room and immediately be talking to users in the MX room.

If anyone needs help configuring the IRC2MX bot, feel free to PM me

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Chat Bot

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx