gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 07:31:56 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RatDVD Tool Released
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RatDVD Tool Released  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
RatDVD Tool Released
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:52:24 pm »
This comes at the right time, with the demise of a popular dvd program recently, it seems to do an even better job of compressing DVD,s including the menus, extras, etc (NOTE you will need a copy of one of the dvd decrypting programs before you can use this tool.)  

http://www.ratdvd.dk/index.htm

ratDVD takes a full featured DVD-9 movie and puts it into a highly compressed .ratDVD container format file of about 1.x GB in size - while preserving all the features of the original DVD such as:

Full anamorphic picture, 16:9, 4:3, Pan/Scan, WideScreen, Lettorbox based on original DVD video content.
Support for full seamless branching, 9 multiple video angles, 32 subpictures, 8 audio channels, etc.
Keep movie versions (Directors Cut, Theatrical version, etc.), Alternate story endings, making of, visual commentary , cut scenes, animated anecdotes, etc..
Keep or transcode multiple audio channels without detoriation loss by staying AC-3.
Fully working original DVD menus, title navigation, quick seeking and bonus features.
IMDB connected XML tagging scheme with automatic search for title, actors, directors, plot and DVD cover.
Reliable high quality, valid check-summed container.

I originally read all about it  here in an interview they did with the developer  :)

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=826

Seems like a useful backup tool, I wonder how long before the Cartel start nibbling at this one .. :?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
RatDVD Tool Released
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 01:01:08 am »
I was just reading about an update for this tool version 0.7 is out there folks and its even better  :)

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=852

While the announcement that a DVD-Player manufacturer is developing a stand alone device is indeed welcome news, those looking for more immediate solutions will find plenty in ratDVD 0.7. The new release has a laundry list of additional features and bug fixes, along with support for 20 languages.
Some of the more notable new features include direct burning capability, ISO creation engine and codec quality/speed optimizations (should speed things up a bit.)

8)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  RatDVD Tool Released

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx