gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:55:21 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Redirect-resistant users
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redirect-resistant users  (Read 2523 times)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Redirect-resistant users
« on: February 04, 2006, 11:12:55 pm »
I run 2 WCS chatrooms, one for main, one for backup for reboots etc.

I have one regular user who I do not recall ever being redirectable.  He can and join both rooms.. at times he parks in both.  But when I redirect the room, he always gets lost.

I try to use the exile command, to redirect him to the main room, when he inadvertantly joins the backup.  It makes him leave the backup, but he doesn't rejoin the main target room.

He runs as primary most of the time.

I seldom get 100% redirect.  If I have 15 users, often 13 will make the trip, but 2 get lost.

I am trying to look for what makes redirect fail with certain users, certain circumstances but am lost on this.

Anyone found a clue as to what can make redirect fail with some users more than others?

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Redirect-resistant users
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 12:41:09 am »
One of my roomies often gets left behind in a redirect, she claims it happens because she's in multiple rooms already.
I've got no way to verify that, but you could ask your roomies in how many other rooms they are, maybe there's something to it...
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Redirect-resistant users
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 01:39:23 am »
Quote from: nylly444
One of my roomies often gets left behind in a redirect, she claims it happens because she's in multiple rooms already.
I've got no way to verify that, but you could ask your roomies in how many other rooms they are, maybe there's something to it...

hehe.. i was suspecting that.. and had just tested it on a willing user before I came back here to post the results.  I then saw your reply and will confirm that it is on target.

The redirect-resistant user told me he always parks in the max 8 rooms winmx allows.  To test my theory, he dropped one room and I was able to redirect him without a glitch.  So that is one of the causes of redirect failure.. the user is already in 8 rooms.

Perhaps there are other causes too.  I'll have to try to take a survey whenever a redirect fails in the future to try to confirm this.  If they aren't in 8 rooms, then maybe there are other causes too.

KM

Redirect-resistant users
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 07:06:04 pm »
at least you know that if they are in 2 rooms you want to recirect, they will manage to make it for the second redirect as the first room will drop them :-P

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
Redirect-resistant users
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 07:52:26 pm »
Our room id always stays the same so I never worry about them anyway, I know they'll find their way back ;)
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Redirect-resistant users

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx