gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 October 06, 2024, 02:35:26 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  3.54 library
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3.54 library  (Read 1915 times)

scaramouch

3.54 library
« on: February 03, 2006, 02:45:49 pm »
I have files in my library,they are in two folders that I share,800 files,users have downloaded files from the library,but when I download files they don' t go in my library,they do go into my winamp player,they also go  as single files to My Documents,right under the two folders that I selected  for my library.How  do I get the new files I download to go into the two folders that are my library.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
3.54 library
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 02:52:45 pm »
scaramouch,
Here is a link that shows you how to change the folder your files are downloaded into:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/incoming_folder.html

Before you do this tho, let me just tell you its a good idea not to have them automatically shared.  I always check them all to make sure they are what they say they are, and they are virus free with my on pc scanner before sharing them with the rest of the world.. thats up to you tho.

You can always just move them into the folder when your sure they are ok..

scaramouch

3.54 library
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:24:59 pm »
Quote from: Me Here
scaramouch,
Here is a link that shows you how to change the folder your files are downloaded into:

Before you do this tho, let me just tell you its a good idea not to have them automatically shared.  I always check them all to make sure they are what they say they are, and they are virus free with my on pc scanner before sharing them with the rest of the world.. thats up to you tho.

You can always just move them into the folder when your sure they are ok..
Thank you Mc,some of the links on that page you gave me don't work,do you know how I can prevent the files from being automatically shared.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
3.54 library
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 03:54:01 pm »
As long as you have them in a different folder like you do now, they will not be automatically shared.  Sorry about that Visual Guide Link, I will look into that.

The link that was is for How To Share, here is one on how to share with the WinMX 3.54 beta 5 version like you have:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/sharing_on_354.html

Hope this helps ya some..

scaramouch

3.54 library
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 04:29:49 pm »
As long as you have them in a different folder like you do now, they will not be automatically shared.  Sorry about that Visual Guide Link, I will look into that.

The link that was is for How To Share, here is one on how to share with the WinMx 3.54 beta 5 version like you have:

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/sharing_on_354.html

Hope this helps ya some..
Mc,yes,I m able to download files into my library now,so I believe they are being automatically shared ,could not find any information on how to stop the automatic sharing on the link provided above though ,not unless I missed something.Thanks

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
3.54 library
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 05:11:14 pm »
Sorry scaramouch,

When you first posted you wanted to share them and now you want not to.. so I am just a bit confused, not to mention not awake yet.. lol

Ok heres the best things to do to keep from automatically sharing your downloads.

Double click the My Computer Icon, double click the drive you would like to share on..(ie C:) Make a new folder in here, name if what ever you like but dont put your user names on it.

Now follow the directions here:

And make this folder your incoming folder.  DO NOT include it when sharing files in the library of WinMx.

Incidently this is also a good procedure to do with your shared folders (making a seperate one in the same Drive).  This keeps your user name off the full path in your shares so its better for privacy, and it allows faster access to where all of your media is stored on the drive.  It also shortens the full path so that you wont get errors on downloading long file names.

scaramouch

3.54 library
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 05:14:48 pm »
So is the only way to prevent files from being shared automatically is not to have a folder available for downloads to go directly into the library.whereby u add them later to the library folders after vetting.

scaramouch

3.54 library
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 05:28:22 pm »
Sorry I posted my previous post before I had time to read your most recent  post.

scaramouch

3.54 library
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 05:52:41 pm »
Sorry scaramouch,

When you first posted you wanted to share them and now you want not to.. so I am just a bit confused, not to mention not awake yet.. lol

Ok heres the best things to do to keep from automatically sharing your downloads.

Double click the My Computer Icon, double click the drive you would like to share on..(ie C:) Make a new folder in here, name if what ever you like but dont put your user names on it.

Now follow the directions here:

And make this folder your incoming folder.  DO NOT include it when sharing files in the library of WinMx.

Incidently this is also a good procedure to do with your shared folders (making a seperate one in the same Drive).  This keeps your user name off the full path in your shares so its better for privacy, and it allows faster access to where all of your media is stored on the drive.  It also shortens the full path so that you wont get errors on downloading long file names.
Mc,I first posted to find out how to get freshly downloaded files into my library.You provided a link to do this and I did.Then you mentioned not to have files shared automatically.From that point on I've  been just trying to find out how to do that.Your last post showed me how.So I believe my posts have been consistent.I believe Im good to go now thanks for all your help.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
3.54 library
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 12:20:51 am »
Any time scaramouch,

Happy WinMxing and ask us all the questions you want.. we love it!!  :wink:

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
3.54 library
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 11:19:29 pm »
The link that was is for How To Share, here is one on how to share with the WinMx 3.54 beta 5 version like you have:

beta 5?

ok... who's holding back?

:)

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
3.54 library
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 11:26:29 pm »
Damn.. my secret is out  :shock:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  3.54 library

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx