gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76784 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 14, 2024, 10:27:42 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  simple mp3 to wav ? and WinAmp volumizer ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: simple mp3 to wav ? and WinAmp volumizer ?  (Read 4085 times)

innerpeace

simple mp3 to wav ? and WinAmp volumizer ?
« on: February 14, 2006, 12:09:16 am »
If I rip files to mp3 on my harddrive and then pick and choose individual songs to burn to wav, will the quality suffer or should I just do the wav to wav burn?  I wanted my 3 cd set on my harddrive, but wanted to burn 20 songs to a cd.  Also, does anyone know of a good volume normalizer for WinAmp?  I did some searching, but it seems that quality may suffer.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance  :D

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: simple mp3 to wav ? and WinAmp volumizer ?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:25:04 pm »
Quote from: innerpeace
If I rip files to mp3 on my harddrive and then pick and choose individual songs to burn to wav, will the quality suffer or should I just do the wav to wav burn?  I wanted my 3 cd set on my harddrive, but wanted to burn 20 songs to a cd.  Also, does anyone know of a good volume normalizer for WinAmp?  I did some searching, but it seems that quality may suffer.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance  :D

Not sure on a volume normalizer for Winamp but I use dMCr-11 for ripping, converting and the powerpack for it also has a normalizer for your music file itself. You can find the program, the mp3 to wav codek for the program, and the powerpack which is not free but in demo form at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/. (Any person slightly knowledgable of the crack pages can find a good crack for the powerpack though) Although I would never do that myself.  :wink:
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Lysander

simple mp3 to wav ? and WinAmp volumizer ?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 12:33:54 am »
I don't see the reason to bother with demo software when you can use other software that does the same for free ;) You can use CDex at http://cdexoes.sourceforge.net which is a very good CD ripper that this website hasa good tutorial on, or you can use what I use, Exact Audio Copy, from http://www.exactaudiocopy.org; I prefer it because it checks several times to make sure that there are as few errors in teh copy as possible (and tells you if there are any and where they are) and also happens to still be being developed, as opposed to CDex, which is vaperware and has been for several years now. Anyway, yes, ripping to MP3 and then converting to WAV will give you a loss in quality because MP3 is a lossie encoder which means that parts of the song gets destroyed. Just doing a CD copy from Nero is also do-able and faster, but it's a little dicy because with a CD-to-CD copy there are more chances for something to go wrong, as opposed to ripping it securely to wave in EAC and then burnign those files to CD with Nero or somethign else, fewer chances of something messing up that way.

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 10:43:34 pm »
im sorry can anyone tell me how to turn flac files into mp3 files i would appreciate it . thanks

Offline Mick832

• MX Hosts
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 11:45:38 pm »
http://flac.sourceforge.net/index.html

Try here, think you need to go to the download page and download it.   There should be a way to convert it then with that program.   I had to do it once before, but it was a while ago.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Video and Audio Help  |  Audio Help  |  simple mp3 to wav ? and WinAmp volumizer ?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx