gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 05, 2024, 01:42:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  downloading prob and searching list
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: downloading prob and searching list  (Read 2054 times)

gokul

downloading prob and searching list
« on: February 13, 2006, 11:38:00 am »
hi im using winmx v3.54 beta 4 with win xp sp2

im having a prob where my download is slow like around 10 kb while my connection is 1M. and another thing is when i search for a song, the list only finds around few pieces. the last time i use to use winmx, it gaved me thousands of results but now its only giving me few results. why is dat? im not using router and just using a normal adsl modem to connect. theres no firewall installed as im using windows firewall itself. i need to know which is the best port to listen to in winmx and which r the best ports to add into tcp and udp :) cheers and thankz a million :) a big shout to winmx for its return hollaaaaaaaaaaaa and congrats :D

c2R

Re: downloading prob and searching list
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:09:53 pm »
Quote from: gokul
im having a prob where my download is slow like around 10 kb while my connection is 1M.

your download speed may be 1M, but that doesn't mean everyone's upload speeds are - for example, I've got 1M download but only 256k upload.  If 5 people (my max) are uploading from me at once, they are only getting about 40k max each - and usually it is slower than that as I might be using my connection to do stuff at the same time.  Also, depending on the type of internet you've got and your provider, you may be sharing the bandwidth of the exchange with many other people....  again slowing down your connection...

so... 10k is a perfectly normal speed - you just have to wait!

and another thing is when i search for a song, the list only finds around few pieces. the last time i use to use WinMx, it gaved me thousands of results but now its only giving me few results. why is dat?

dat is because there are now far less users than there were before....  plus people are scared of sharing because of the riaa etc. - you can help by spreading the word and telling all your friends winmx is back, so we can try and increase our user-base.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  downloading prob and searching list

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx