gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 11:26:35 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download an album
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Download an album  (Read 1022 times)

Offline royaltiger

• Forum Member
Download an album
« on: February 18, 2006, 11:47:09 am »
Is there a way of downloading an album from someone without appearing to be a leech, most users seem to kick you off if you download more than 5  consecutive  files. Is there a utility  or setting on winmx i dont know about that  can download the album  but  stop you from being appeared as a leech, what i am trying to do is download say 15 tracks individually  as apposed to trying to unwrap an album which seems more hassle than its worth, watching traffic on my uploads  gives me the impression it can be done, uses add  a certain amount of tracks and as one is finished uploading another enters the queue, or is this person sitting patiently on their pc watching from their end, surely not ?

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Download an album
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 12:56:38 pm »
If you select multiple files from a browse, & choose download, the first gets queued or started, while the rest show "Queued Locally" in blue, these will enter the remote queue in turn as each finishes, assuming the user doesn't go offline.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Anonymous

Download an album
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 01:08:51 pm »
Thanks for that i thought it might have to do with the browse feature

Offline TheMacDaddy

• Forum Member
Download an album
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 01:45:13 pm »
What bearded says is correct  
but i would also add alot of people on winmx will iggy people who que for more then lets say 5 files...
i for one dont like this but well its there and thats how it goes i suppose,
another idea would be to maybe go into the odd chat room or 2 and get to know some of the people in there,that way you will get starts and also you will not be put on iggy for queing up on so many files

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Download an album
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 02:08:43 pm »
Personally i'd get vexed with someone who queued 5 albums, but not someone who lined up 20 tracks from one.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

c2R

Download an album
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 02:35:26 pm »
You could try searching by artist, and then sorting by filesize - you might find some that are about 80mb with albw somewhere in the text, which will be a wrapped mp3 file containing all the tracks.

Do a google search for alba extractor to download a decompression program.

Note that you shouldn't just search for albw, as lots of fakes may be brought up.  Also, keep an eye on the search in case you stumble across a flooder, and cancel it if you do....

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Download an album
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 02:41:17 pm »
Heres a quick view of most of the albw tools.

Its also worth a note here, that not all ablw files are marked but if you begin to download one and then open the incomplete with the albw, it will tell you if it is or not..

Its all on the tutorials here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/album_tools.html

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Download an album

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx