gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 04:32:07 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX keeps cutting out and restarting..???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WinMX keeps cutting out and restarting..???  (Read 3478 times)

markmather50000

WinMX keeps cutting out and restarting..???
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:49:56 pm »
My Winmx is causing me loads of problems at the moment. I have the latest patch and am using version 3.54. Have an XP system, 1MB LAN secondary connection. I have been able to make a load of downloads with the above but over the past week I leave loads of stuff downloading and when I come back it has turned itself off and restarted and then all files have then gone red and at the top the connection time is just a few minutes and not the same as when i left it.  any ideas?

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...
Re: WinMX keeps cutting out and restarting..???
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:16:47 pm »
Could be a number of things, are you running any addons for Winmx? if so try removing them, also you could remove 3.54 and try 3.53, shouldnt make a difference on paper but sometimes it works, also what patch are you using? if your on Pie patch are u  running PG2? Also are u using Zone Alarm? This is known to conflict with Winmx and can cause it to crash.

Lots of other possibilites too, can you post back and supply some more info on what your running, we can then narrow the problem down and help you fix it :D

Mark Mather

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 07:07:49 pm »
I am using WinMX V3.54 Beta 4, downloaded patch from Winmxgroup.com. Patch is called WS2_32.dll which sits in the Program Files/WinMX folder.
I do not have Zone Alarm on my PC.
Tonight it is being a right pain. It connects then gets to about 4 minutes then disconnects and reconnects itself. It does this over and over and over again. If there is anything that is downloading it just turns it red and basically thats the end of that file. i then search again and pop things in my queue which start to download then after a couple of minutes it disconnects and the same happens again.  I can't actually get it to stay connected long enough to download anything of substantal size ! :(

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 08:46:01 pm »
Are you on primary or secondary Mark Mather?

This does sound frustraiting, Make sure you have the latest patch from the www.winmxgroup.com site.  The latest is 2.2 version of the ws2_32.dll.  Also i would like to see if you get better results on a primary connection if your able to do that.

I can help guide you through that set up if your not already, router/dsl modem require two ports forwarded, some firewalls require configurations, and then making sure WinMx is set correctly.

Offline markmather

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 09:51:00 pm »
I am on secondary connection, have updated patch to 2.2 from the mentioned site.
Have tried primary but says cannot have because of the following:
1. connection type unknown (I have telewest broadband 1MBbut was unsure what that came under)
2. No TCP port
3. No UDP port
Please advise, thank you

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »
Ok,

First off change your WinMx Settings > Internet Connection.. on the right you will see options for type of connection.  Choose DSL.

Forwarding ports for your DSL modem can be found here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

There you will read how to get the information you need before you move on to Portforward.com for the rest of the instructions, and how to set your ports up for WinMx.

Once this is done you should be able to obtain a primary connection.. Let me know what you get when you have finished this or if you have any questions along the way post them here.

Offline markmather

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 10:24:27 am »
Hi have found ip and gateway addresses. Been to Portforward and cannot find details for router. Cable Modem I am using is a Webstar DPX USB Modem and the Router I am using is a BT Voyager 1500 Wireless.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 06:02:21 pm »
I have emialed the Technical support at BT to get the User Guide.  Will be in touch as soon as we have your details made available.

mark mather

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 09:40:35 pm »
hi have you had any response back yet?  My mx keeps cutting out all the time and i am desperate to get onto primary connection. :x

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 01:05:15 am »
No Mark Mather,

I havent heard from them.  I did find this in their support pages ..Brace yourself this is highly detailed and technical... :roll:

Voyager 1500 > Windows XP
How to open ports on the router.

After opening the Router Control Panel and clicking on Advanced do the following.

1. Click on Virtual Server.
   2. Login with the admin details.
   3. lick on Port Forwarding.
   4. To add a new rule click on the Add button.
   5. There are a number of predefined rules you can choose from or you can configure your own rule if the one you need is not on the list.
   6. When you are happy with the details click on Apply to activate the rule.

Basically I can make a guide from this but it would be so much better and well done if I had their User Guide to work with..which is not available online.
The above assumes you already know your Default Logins ...

If you know them for that model let me know..

mark mather

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 12:06:45 pm »
Hi again, have done this and it is working on primary connection now.  I just added 2 rules, one for tcp on channel 6699 and one for udp on channel 6257.  Thanks very much for your help. :lol:

mark mather

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2006, 09:37:01 pm »
Hi again, advice please....  Main pc is all set up and running on primary connection now but the laptop that we have in the front room is still running on secondary.  i have tried to adjust the settings as i have with mine above but when i click on primary connection it just flashes yellow all the time and unable to connect???  Laptop is also Windows Xp, Using version 3.54 with the correct downloaded patch. Please advise, thanks 8)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2006, 10:37:13 pm »
You need to make a second set of rules for the laptop and also use different ports for that
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  WinMX keeps cutting out and restarting..???

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.01 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx