gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76785 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 22, 2024, 08:37:03 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  How long until MX Pie Officaly Dies out? As in none of their own cache servers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How long until MX Pie Officaly Dies out? As in none of their own cache servers  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
- Josh

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
I have to give them a lil time to try and do something.

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
  • We all wear masks... metaphorically speaking...

KM

* KM considers editing the post to add a "not soon enough" option

hostzepposircarressith

urm im just guessing cause i read the forum that the pie users meaning vladd there servers are going down or looking like there going down basically what i read well go figure huh lol 8)

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
Going down? End of? Dies out? Somewhere care to fill me in?? .

KM

the group of people who call themselves "pie" don't have any servers of any kind - the website is hosted using vladds web hosting account for his existing site (so he wouldn't have to pay to host it, just put it on as part of the same site) and they tell people to use a hosts file directing users to other caches, none of which are hosted on any "pie server"

Lysander

Yes, this is a great way to show that there are no hard feelings and we're all one great big happy community :eyeroll:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
While I,m not sure of the purpose of starting this thread I dont see we need to tell lies Lysander, we have not been happy with the pie team leadership for a while and its common knowledge why.

I would prefer that we had more activity in advertising winmx and its continued exitstence to the masses using unusual and innovative methods but I suppose its been easier to throw a few bricks at each other and advertise to those already on winmx.

In reality this needs to change, its disappointing folks are being directed to a site that has pay for winmx on it and strange for so called winmx supporters , but lets move on there are plenty of sites that host the connection files now and we need a virtual army informing users about winmx in a positive and helpful manner, pissing contests should be frowned upon by all as they have not so far helped anyone.

Its this simple,  if you want to get more folks and new users your going to have to help bring them in to the winmx community and that can be done by simply speaking about winmx and its benefits and great chat community as well as the great help we all bring to the community.
Also remember you do represent the community, so please act with respect for all and do not spam sites you have just joined its not worth the bad publicity, you need only mention some aspect of winmx to make a post and throw a few links in to allow those interested to follow the trail to getting winmx, users must want to come to winmx of there own free will and they should be helped to do so where possible .

The golden rule in all this is confidence, we all know other networks have been enjoying extra attention and one of winmx greatest assets is the fact that no one is in control of the network, you are your own boss, few networks can claim the same and recently we have seen more users drift back to winmx from threatened networks.

We are coming up to the time of year when we get more seasonal visitors, some will just be passing though and others will join our ranks, by being helpful,  sharing and polite to strangers we have more friends around for tomorrow, and the more of us there are the more lively the network.

Many mice can take away a large block of cheese folks so lets get nibbling and help mx to a greater future.

As regards the Caches I,m 100% confident we are operating nowhere close to capacity so lets get something positive rolling, bad news is for the winter  :wink:

WOMBAT

"GOOD ONYA OH WISE GHOSTLY GOD OF WIN MX"

Ain't That The Truth

What A Fantastic Awe Inspiring, Truthful, Comment

10 / 10 For Bringing This Thread To Law & Order

You Could Get A Job Writing Speeches For George W

I Really Can't Add Any More. You've Left Me Speechless

( Doesn't Happen Very often )

KM

As regards the Caches I,m 100% confident we are operating nowhere close to capacity so lets get something positive rolling, bad news is for the winter  :wink:

now theres an idea... see if you can overload the caches (obviously with legitimate users not just attacking the caches :-P)! if we get enough users that either of my caches starts to struggle to handle the requests then i'll post photos of me_here naked on the site for you... oh, and also a couple of photos of wombat for those who prefer that

* KM hopes me_here agrees to this... i'll just tell her how much the caches can handle so she agrees... then pretend the caches are overloaded :wink:

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
sounds like a plan
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
* Cough* Now now Gents, me here is always willing to make sacrafices for winmx but I,m sure theres no chance of seeing anything very exciting before 3 million users are on the network and at least half a million of them primaries, At the four million mark I may even don a tutu myself .. :wink:

Zepposircarressith

Just wanna say its great to see peeps like you, always poping a joke that rocks!!! But if you can explain to me more about this peer cache thing it would be good to learn more about it... i think my yahoo or aol on here so pm me if i not here!!! :shock:

KM

* Cough* Now now Gents, me here is always willing to make sacrafices for winmx but I,m sure theres no chance of seeing anything very exciting before 3 million users are on the network and at least half a million of them primaries, At the four million mark I may even don a tutu myself .. :wink:

ok, so we have a real goal now, we need over 3 million users BUT, we can not under any circumstances allow the user base to reach 4 million!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
OMG... ok talk about being roped into somethings.. sheesh..

I will of course be asking for an independent study (this means a group of folks that DO NOT include KM) to verify there are 3 million users aboard before any skin shall be shown...These results will then be verified by Me.. Upon verification the photo shall be posted...  :wink:

Me Here chooses the group[/color]

KM

ok, she agreed to it...

so, 3 people who aren't me that are willing to say there are 3 million users...

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
KM your getting.... maybe your getting 'Old' today..  :wink:

You need to read the fine print ...

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
Since im not km (Thank God). I say, there are 3 million people online winmx!
- Josh

Offline ..Ñøßߥ..

• Core
After a meeting with the male members of Pie team, and a team of independant winmx perverts, i can confirm, our current figures show 3,000,001 users on Winmx.

Km - i will await your cash, £100 as agreed, brown envelope please ;)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMX Lyte  |  How long until MX Pie Officaly Dies out? As in none of their own cache servers

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.009 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx