gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 04, 2024, 04:48:20 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Say it ain't so willie!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Say it ain't so willie!  (Read 7474 times)

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
Say it ain't so willie!
« on: March 21, 2006, 04:22:26 am »
Fake flooders are on the ball:

try 'willie nelson cowboys' :)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Re: Say it ain't so willie!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 02:15:55 am »
I tried it and you should check this out. The first pic is without the (-user) added in the search. Obviously second is with. Unbelievable the difference.
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 02:20:51 am »
and I actually gave longer time to the second search than the first  :?
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 03:53:54 pm »
you know why there is such a problem with flooders? *looks in top left of screen shots*

WOMBAT

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 04:32:50 am »
Me Thinks This Is What It should Look Like. Hmmmm

Can I Go To The Top Of The Class Now KM

WOMBAT

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 04:35:00 am »
Maybe That Message Is A Bit Too Blunt???

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 11:06:26 am »
I'll stick my neck out as a newb to the forum... I admit to using the PIE patch purely because it was the first patch I found out about when WinMx first went down. The .dll patch is obviously designed to protect the network from fake files... right ? Is there OS compatability or winmx version issues asociated with the .dll patch ?  I use winmx beta 4 on windows 98se.
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 03:33:11 pm »
YA MEANIN TA TELL ME BOSS I AINT DUIN NA GOOD??? :shock:

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 03:35:08 pm »
Now I mean to tell you I am not stupid, and you should know this by now. I have done my reading. I am on dialup but I block. TYVM 8)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 03:37:34 pm »
I can't edit my crap so yeah I look like an idiot but I swear I only play one on WinMX. It was updated when I started at the time I read the post, not sure why it shows they failed now.  :? BUT, stay tuned for further updates dammit!!

WOMBAT

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 03:50:16 pm »
Hallo ñòóKýçrÕôK

No ya Doin The Righty With PG II

But Were All A Bit One Eyed Here About The DLL Patch

A Few PPL Having A Well Earned Break But I'm Sure KM

Or One Of The Others Will Answer Your Query Shortly

( Me Thinks It Explains About 98 etc in the installation Tutorial )

WHERE IS THAT KM WHEN YA WANT HIM ???????

WOMBAT

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 03:53:43 pm »
Did Have Some Troubles With PG II Myself Recently

Wasn't Blocking

Had To uninstall, Delete PG II Folder From Program Files, Delete Shortcut

And Then Reinstall And Start Afresh. Works Fine Now

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 03:59:30 pm »
I probably just didn't pay attention to it when I updated it. Had to work my bum off at work last night and I'm pretty tired. Have only had trouble out of pg2 one time and did the repair thing and it worked just fine. Now if someone might point me to the winmxworld lists to unguard those couple IP's and block the MV IP's again I'd really much appreciate it. :)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 04:03:09 pm »
see? all fixed now. better eh???

WOMBAT

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 04:07:26 pm »
BEAUTIFUL

If Ya Wait Till "Me Here" Or "Ghostship" Get Back From Their
Hols They'll Be Able To Tell Ya About The Dll Patch And 98
Might Even Convert You ?

WHERE IS THAT KM. CAN NEVER FIND HIM WHEN YA WANT HIM

Me Shouts " KMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 04:12:00 pm »
To be honest when the bad storms were rollin through here the several days ago and I was stuck at a family members house so I figured I'd just try to install the dll on her machine see if it work and couldn't find the darn thing. Every link I clicked took me back to the same dern page. On another note, since I couldn't find it and I really wanted to get on WinMX that evening I tried the piepatch and for whatever reason it wouldn't connect on her mahine even with it. Go figure huh. :?

Offline p2p rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 02:38:52 am »
Now if someone might point me to the winmxworld lists to unguard those couple IP's and block the MV IP's again I'd really much appreciate it.

Here's the winmxworld block list & the winmxworld allow list.

Offline GnarlySnarly

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 04:05:37 am »
you know why there is such a problem with flooders? *looks in top left of screen shots*

if you look at the top center, you will see that ñòóKýçrÕôK was connected as secondary, so the flooders can't connect through him anyway, right?

innerpeace

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 04:29:26 am »
Hi Aussiegirl.  As far as I know when you run the installer for the .dll patch it asks what version of Windows your running.  Unless things have changed, it will install the v3.53 of WinMx instead of 3.54beta4 for your Windows 98 OS.  The download link for it is https://www.winmxgroup.com/  Yes it blocks the flooders and updates the blocklist automatically.  If your running the pie patch you should run peerguardian along with WinMx to block the flooders.  If you haven't used peerguardian before the tutorial is here https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/peerguardian.html I hope this helps  :D.

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• MX Hosts
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 02:43:15 pm »
Now if someone might point me to the winmxworld lists to unguard those couple IP's and block the MV IP's again I'd really much appreciate it.

Here's the winmxworld block list & the winmxworld allow list.
TY much, completely updated now :)
BEAUTIFUL

If Ya Wait Till "Me Here" Or "Ghostship" Get Back From Their
Hols They'll Be Able To Tell Ya About The Dll Patch And 98
Might Even Convert You ?

WHERE IS THAT KM. CAN NEVER FIND HIM WHEN YA WANT HIM

Me Shouts " KMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"
I have heard Me_here's view and Ghosts. While I try to give value to everyones opinions I also still must go with what I believe is best for me and my pc. Not saying I don't trust KM inparticularly but for me it is difficult to trust anyone. I am glad there is there is the dll patch to help others connect but for myself I have over $2k in my computer and I don't like the prospect of a self updating .dll file. No offence. I do however intend to give it a try eventually. But when that time will be will be at my own discretion.
if you look at the top center, you will see that ñòóKýçrÕôK was connected as secondary, so the flooders can't connect through him anyway, right?
I read on one of these forums that even on dialup there are ways my connection, and even on a secondary to the MX network can be abused to allow the RIAA connect and use their fakes against MX.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Say it ain't so willie!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx