gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 07:14:13 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  Can't Download WinMx program
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't Download WinMx program  (Read 5625 times)

Skylark

Can't Download WinMx program
« on: March 26, 2006, 02:24:38 am »
I hope some of my WinMx friends can help me out. I just got a new Mac Book Pro and I can't download WinMx.
My new Mac has OS X 10.4.5.  When I try to install WinMx I get a message that says,  "Cannot open the application
"installer" because it is not supported on this system".  Anyone know a way that will get me back on WinMx with my new Mac?

Offline Stevi

• #1 DJ
  • MX Hosts
  • Ooops! I blew up the commercials!
    • WinMX Radio
Re: Can't Download WinMx program
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 02:38:13 am »
I dont believe WinMx is supported my Mac.......Can someone help me out on this one?

KM

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 04:32:48 am »
look at the name of the program... "WinMX", kind of suggests it might be a windows program - a mac will not run windows programs (it can't even run the majority of unix programs even though it is a unix based system), they are 10 times the price of a standard PC and about 10% as useful... you can however have limited success with windows emulators, but it's not going to run very well...

Jeremy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 09:29:30 am »
i don't know how you can get winmx to run on a mac but you can use limewire, almost identical, by the way, i have a mcbook, and they are fully worth the price, pc's are more universal, you know built for anyone, but if you want something unique and user friendly, you get a mac. just get one, you'll know exactly what i mean after you get it, i origionally got one and was going to put windows on it, but after using the os x, you don't need windows, tiger blows vista out of the water and leopard is just around the corner. and yes you can run windows on a mac, if you truly want to legally, it's called parallels desktop for mac, bootcamp, or virtual pc for mac, you can have the best of both worlds instead of this asshole tha wants to diss mac's which just so happen to run windows faster than any pc can!, well, i'm done, once again, go see for yourself

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:49:28 am »
Err cheers for the product placement ads Jeremy, the mere fact that this thread was about winmx being non compatible with a mac and the majority of computer users using windows seems to have eluded you.

Limewire may as well be called floodwire btw, after running a few tests at least 80% of what I saw there where fake files, who wants to use a gnutella client that is defenceless against those attacking p2p ?

Second best may be ok for you but we want winmx users to have the best.

Offline ]-[êll.Ôñ.ËÀR'][']-[.

• WMW Volunteer
  • Its hard being me...but i do it just great.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 06:31:47 pm »
quote from jeremy         "tiger blows vista out of the water "

so does a pea shooter m8 its crap  :lol:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  Can't Download WinMx program

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx