gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 08:35:46 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Block List From WinMX World « 1 2 ... 5 6 » question please???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Block List From WinMX World « 1 2 ... 5 6 » question please???  (Read 1647 times)

Offline ñòóKýçrÕôK

• my name is nooks, and I approve this message
  • MX Hosts
  • Dream BIG, Live BIGGER!!
Is that thread locked with a purpose and is the list at that site Me_Here posted updated with all the updates she shown in that thread?
When you wake up each morning always try to remember tomorrow is never your option, it's God's. Love like you want to. Live like you aren't afraid. And ALWAYS try to remember that even if it seems personal it's never as important as something you may have forgotten to do today.

WinMXWorld.com Help_AE182F4EBABE - For WinMX help or help on other pc related matters.
WinMXWorld.com Cafe_AE182F4ECAFE - For great chat.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Block List From WinMX World « 1 2 ... 5 6 » question please???
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
The thread is locked Nooky because its there to serve a purpose only.
That thread is yes kept up to date with any changes that are made to the WinMx World Block List with dates and GMT times in order to help clarify, this allows folks to either get the current list from the original post or skirt straight to any changes that have been made on the last post.  There are a few users that I know of that use the list to upload to routers or software firewalls.  4000+ plus reads so some one must be finding it useful, even I was surprised when I noticed that during our reformation of the site recently.
At present time there is a small team responsible for finding new IPs but only I upload them to the actual list.  So I didnt see a need to let others access the thread, nor did i see a need to clutter it with questions.  Which I am all too happy to answer in this section like this one. 

Anyone interested in how we do this or helping to gather the IPs is always welcome, I am also always willing to put any suspicious IPs through the known and tested screening process we use to verify.

The list itself must meet a format in order to be used by PeerGuardian and the like, along with the .dll reading it correctly.  So for that reason its not marked as updated and one that is not keeping close track of the list would probably never know exactly what changes where being made when.  This is then the other purpose of the Block List Thread, to keep yall informed of whats happening.  The list has always been public and I would always be more then happy to answer any questions about how, where, and why IPs are located on it.

You can read the current list in that thread:
https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=1074.0.html

Or if your wanting to look at the actual list that is used by PeerGuardian and the Dll it can be seen here:
https://www.winmxworld.com/files/block_list.txt

Hope this answers your questions about it, its sorta a hobby of mine to hunt these down and to keep abreast of what they are up to...  :wink:

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  Block List From WinMX World « 1 2 ... 5 6 » question please???

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx