gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76793 Posts in 13502 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: Arnold99 September 30, 2024, 02:30:23 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connection to Primary.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Connection to Primary.  (Read 3258 times)

Emily

Connection to Primary.
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:36:43 am »
I have cable, so I want to make a primary connection. When I go to tell WinMx that I want a primary connection it tells me that I can't because I have:

No TCP port for incoming connections & No UDP port for incoming and outgoing packets.

What does this mean exactly and How do I get them so I can make the primary connection?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Emily

Matt

Re: Connection to Primary.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 05:09:15 am »
I am having the same problem.  It won't let me have a primary connection.  can someone help me?  I have Windows XP, SB5120 SURFboard cable modem, WinMX version 3.53

Matt

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 05:16:33 am »
I was also wondering how I can check and see what kind of router I have
It is probably staring me in the face but I'm not sure where to look

KM

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:00:03 am »
that error message means that you haven't configured port forwarding correctly (check the tutorials section)

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/routers_info.html

as for how to find out what type of router you have... well, look at it and see if it has a make and model on it (many cheap unbranded ones don't however) - but it shouldn't matter too much, they are all pretty much the same process for forwarding ports :-)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 07:00:26 pm »
Emily, the error message means that you may not have set winmx to use these ports. You probably did an installation where the connection test didn't work and it automatically deactivates them.
The fact that the connection test failed isn't unusual since I'm not sure the new caches are supporting it.
Make sure in Settings > Incoming TCP it's set to listen on port 6699 and  the port for IN/Out UDP Packets to 6257 (both ports are the defaults, you can change the numbers).
Now if it still doesn't connect KM is right and something else is blocking your ports, come back and let us know a bit more about your setup if that's the case.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 07:50:57 pm »
the connection test should not have failed for any reason other than those default ports not being forwarded... :-)

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:33:17 pm »
Oh ok - didn't always though and tbh I never wait for it since I don't have the default ports forwarded so it always fails :D
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Emily

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 02:49:31 am »
Ok, I turned off my firewall. Then I changed the TCP port number to a random number ( 2415 ) and then I also changed the UDP port to another random number ( 5425 )

Now It says I have a primary connection, but now everything I type in to search, comes up with nothing.

I also have ( where just the online would be on a secondary connection ) I have Online P=3, S=0, and sppm = 13388 ( and the "P" &  "sppm"  changes all the time ) what does that stand for and mean?

matt

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 05:22:47 am »
Hey all thanks for the tips.  Working fine now. Thanks again

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 09:06:49 am »
Emily,

If you have a router you will also need to forward those random ports you chose there.
If you have Norton that can also block them with its worm protection.

P= other primaries your contected to
S= secondaries your supporting (in this case you have 0 meaning its not working right yet)
spm= searches per minute your supporting

Primaries should stablize and not change often
Secondaries the same
Searches Per Minute will fluctuate alot.

What patch are you using also?

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  WinMX Connection Issues  |  Connection to Primary.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.008 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx