gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 07:11:33 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here  (Read 64713 times)

thatguy69

Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2005, 05:01:33 pm »
I downloaded it today and yeah I am using IE7

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 05:23:47 pm »
hmmm, IE7 again - this sounds kinda familiar...
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 05:25:24 pm »
oh lol, I hunted the forums but I couldnt find anything that related to my problem!

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2005, 05:29:04 pm »
I seem to recall someone else having issues with IE7 and the .dll, I suspect that is why me_here asked it ;)
I'm sure she'll bring it to KM's attention to check it out and maybe find a way to confirm this.
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

KM

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 06:53:33 pm »
this isn't the first person to report this, the first one i noticed it on was a couple of days ago when someone actually sent me a screen shot (even though i said there probably wasn't much point... proved me wrong!) i noticed that the IE window hadn't loaded properly, asked if there was anything special about their IE... it was IE7, he tried removing IE7 and going back to IE6 to see if that was the problem and in that case it seems to have fixed it.

If others have also experienced this issue then it might not be quite so isolated... i am currently setting up every OS combination i can think of in vmware systems for better testing, and XP with IE7 sounds like a good next candidate...

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 07:06:27 pm »
This is the fourth user I have personally come across with this issue.

Snowlove1212

Help Please!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 06:53:26 am »
System Xp
cable
Primary
No firewall

I wish i knew what else to tell you but im not all that good with computers.  I have been using mx for a while and then all of a sudden it just started crashing.  I tried flushing the system, re-instaling it and earased all the incompletes.  Everything i could but its still doing it.  As soon as i connect or more when i go to the chat rooms it just says error and disconnects.  I don't know what to do anymore.  :cry:

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 03:08:51 pm »
Snowlove1212,

Need to know a few things.. what patch are you using for WinMX Connections?
What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
Have you gotten any microsoft updates recently?

Snowlove1212

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 08:01:27 pm »
Im using the v3.54 beta 4 that i downloaded here, so its with whatever patch that comes with, i have internet explorer 6 and i have had a couple microsoft  upgrades lately.

Louisiana Steamboat Co.

Crash!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 09:02:16 pm »
Hi y'all!

Since this week my WinMX crashes frequently.
It's been working fine for years.
I get a pop-up saying: WinMX has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.
Then the question if I want to send a report to WinMX.
After that, the same question for Microsoft.
I kicked Monitor, I downloaded MX again but nothing resolves it!
Anyone got a clue?

A helpless dutchman.

Louisiana Steamboat Co.

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 10:26:53 pm »
Some extra info:

The message does not have the option "Show more details", it just dies and that's it.
I use XP with SP2.
I have DSL and use 3.54.
It happens with secondary AND primary connections.
I have a standard Windows firewall and also one from my provider but both with the WinMX ports opened.
This way it has worked perfectly for a long, long time.

It first started last tuesday after downloading Monitor.  
Than wednesday and thursday were alright and today it all started again.
Today I deleted Monitor and WinMX and after that downloaded WinMX 3.54 again: still crashes. I also tried 3.53 but it also had the crashes.

Strange thing is I can connect without any problem, it runs perfectly.
As soon as I start searching for a couple of things it crashes.

That's about it, hope you can help.

L.S.C.

sherwood and hacker

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2005, 03:07:45 am »
sherwood says=net incoming req ,network conn blocked sockets 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.incoming request mx connected. mx forcefully disconnected.connection aborted due to timeout. network closed.  everytime I bring up a seach file. I get.aaabbbccc111 =2 stations ,evey program . I have stopped sharring.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2005, 07:24:55 pm »
Quote from: Louisiana Steamboat Co.
Hi y'all!

Anyone got a clue?

A helpless dutchman.

^^

I have the exact same problem as he does. I've been using it for years with no problem, but it suddenly keeps crashing in the same manner. I tried downloading an older version of WinMX and using an older patch, but no difference. I'm using WinXP, SP2 and I have DSL (router and windows firewalls are off.)

Thanks for any possible help.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2006, 09:55:14 am »
Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: Louisiana Steamboat Co.
Hi y'all!

Anyone got a clue?

A helpless dutchman.

^^

I have the exact same problem as he does. I've been using it for years with no problem, but it suddenly keeps crashing in the same manner. I tried downloading an older version of WinMX and using an older patch, but no difference. I'm using WinXP, SP2 and I have DSL (router and windows firewalls are off.)

Thanks for any possible help.

The solution for me was:

Downloading the Pie patch 2.9 from www.mxpie.com.

It makes a new host file (it renames and saves the original one) and deletes an old .dll from WinMX.

It's surely worth a try!

If it doesn't work you can always go back to your original settings (3.54 beta 4) by deleting the new host file, downloading 3.53, and putting the 1.9 patch back over it.

Let me know if it worked, I would really like to know if it works for others as well!

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 04:42:29 pm »
HI Guest,
Although your information is correct that the pie patch will work, I can NOT in good faith recommend it to anyone.  We have been asking them since the beginning of the new Network to help us by recommending that they inform users about the flooding, a likely reason this is happening now is because they have repeatedly refused to tell users to use peer guardian to protect themselves and this network.  Meaning that 90% of the flooding is pie users that where deliberately uninformed.

The dll patch block the flooding and I believe its safe to say you cant go anywhere on this site without being informed about the importance of using peer guardian with the olepro32.dll for 98/ME or a hosts file fix.  Sadly the hosts file users that are not informed have caused this problem more then likely and continue to still refuse to simply tell folks how to stop it.

IF anyone is going to use a hosts file such as our hosts file, pie, or the olepro32.dll, Please remember to use Peer Guardian with our block list to help protect this network from repeated attacks from the RIAA aka Macrovision!!

Again our recommendations are these:

For now the fix is this:

Rename your C:\Program Files\WinMx folder to \WinMx2

Then make a new installation of MX from the Install 1.9 choosing 98/ME as your operating system, even for XP users.

This will give you WinMx version 3.53 and the olepro32.dll patch for connection.  With this combonation you will need to install peer guardian 2 with our block list to keep the RIAA aka. Macrovision off your connection..

https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/block_the_riaa.html

passer

Curious...
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 06:23:36 pm »
Quote from: Me Here
We have been asking them since the beginning of the new Network to help us by recommending that they inform users about the flooding, a likely reason this is happening now is because they have repeatedly refused to tell users to use peer guardian to protect themselves and this network.  

Why won't they tell their users to use PG2? Have they explained their unwillingness?  There doesn't appear to be any benefit to them in discouraging use of the blocker..am I missing something here?

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 07:12:25 pm »
Passer,

Your guess is as good as mine, they have given use several excuses for this,

Peer Guaridan is blocking a peer cache IP.
Yes it is, and thats why we ask folks to use both our block list and our allow list, we have also told them to recommend pg2 without any of the default lists and to use only our block list as its completely WinMx specific and kept up to the minute with actual flooding IPs, rather then risk blocking legitimate users.

Adding a blocking technique or mechanism may add some liability to them.
We disagree with this statement, and for the record only asked them to recommend that pie patch users do their part to protect the network by using PG2, not bundle it in the patch.

We cant get everyone on it so why bother.
Yes they have actually said this is the reason not to tell folks about it, I dont think I even need to explain that the more the better things are.

Vladd doesnt like lists he is not in control over.
Although in the same breath he says he can find no fault in the block list we work so hard to provide all users.

So because of these reasons the pie team members use our block list, but wont recommend it... as I said its killing this network and they are sitting by letting it happen.  How many users do you think would be protecting this network now had they not removed the pg2 links when my petition came out?

c2r

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 10:23:22 am »
Quote from: Me Here
So because of these reasons the pie team members use our block list, but wont recommend it... as I said its killing this network and they are sitting by letting it happen.  How many users do you think would be protecting this network now had they not removed the pg2 links when my petition came out?

I know this may be a somewhat controversial solution, but would it not be possible to try and block users not updating blocklists via our patch, to ensure security of the network?

Or to automatically send them messages warning them that they are at risk of the RIAA and telling them how to secure their systems when they try and connect?

Regards
Chris

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2006, 09:36:40 pm »
That would only be possible with the help or cooperations of the Pie makers.  Yes it would be easy to put up a message but as its only pie users that are not being informed, and we have no control over the messages they see, its not possible from our position.  This is very frustrating as the fakes and the connection issues are loosing new, and old users daily!

guest 6565

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 06:04:04 pm »
i have tried to install MX353 as ME user (i'm actualy XP user), but it wont load, in fact it wont shut down either, i just get this blanc page..

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Post your Information on WinMX Crashing Here

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx