gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 11:06:38 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  ROOM WONT LIST AFTER UPDATE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ROOM WONT LIST AFTER UPDATE  (Read 4888 times)

tatertot

ROOM WONT LIST AFTER UPDATE
« on: June 25, 2005, 06:21:46 pm »
i restarted wcs last night and when it updated my room quit listing on the wpn, i am not trying to list the room twice, only once and i have removed my motd completely, i shortend it and its still causing problems

(also would like to see a feature to allow or not allow updates)

i love wcs, but these last two updates have crippled my room i usually have 20-30 ppl and ever since these updates my room hasnt seen nowhere near that amount

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 07:31:17 pm »
Hi tatertot , I dont know if you noticed but it still possible to get the older version from our archive until youre happy with a newer version, I,m sure KM is working on the problem, it sometimes happens that you fix one problem and another appears  :?  

httpss://archive.winmxworld.com/KingMacro/WCS/

Hope this help you temporarily, just hold tight and I,m sure it will be fixed soon.

KM

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 11:48:55 pm »
hmm, i havent had any other reports of this yet, but i'll have a look in to it

using the default config file its listing for me here, if you want to email me your config file then i can try with that for you to see if its something in there it doesn't like

and the auto update, i do plan on having an option to disable it later, but unfortunately there are some known issues that i need to sort out first, because if those issues become problems then people not upgrading could be a major problem for all chat users

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 12:26:25 am »
Hmm , I was concious of that KM before advising Taterlot, but it would prove the case of whether it is the WCS or something else at fault.

If he could try that and get back to you then you can be confident that there is no problem in the server itself.  :?

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 01:24:55 am »
ok i went back to a default config, no motd or word blocks/replacements
and its listing again, i guess it was my config ill be making some changes to it and see if that helps. if it doesnt list after the changes then ill send u my config

@ GhostShip

thanks for the suggestion, i wasnt aware of the archives, so far ive only used the forums of this site.
i would download a previous version, however, it would just auto update upon executing the wcs.exe  :P

tatertot

edit to previous post
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 02:24:58 am »
i left out my name  :oops: lol

also,i found an uncompressed 1.5.2 that didnt update and now my rooms back to normal! thanks again for the advice :)

KM

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 06:21:45 pm »
Small update to WCS (1.6.1) released

A few people reported small issues with channel listings in WCS 1.6, this was because the channel names were too long - so it was blocking the listings, i've just released a small update that will trim the end off of the name instead of blocking the listing.

basicly, i tested it with the longest name allowed (40 chars) but it turns out that a few people were using names of 41 chars... heh

now it'll just trim any extra letters off of the end rather than breaking the entire listing

tatertot

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:40:04 pm »
i guess the prob was with my config, not a length issue with the name as mine only has 10 char's, but either way, the 1.5.2 room will hold me over till the motd bug and crashin on login is fixed thanks for the help eveyone :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  ROOM WONT LIST AFTER UPDATE

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx