gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 27, 2024, 03:27:57 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Looks nice...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Looks nice...  (Read 4376 times)

Freez

Looks nice...
« on: May 02, 2005, 02:20:40 pm »
Hey guys.. Looks nice so far. :)
Best of luck to y'all!
Let me know if you need any help. :wink:

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Looks nice...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 03:28:54 pm »
Thank you Freez, its a bit rushed as you may have gathered, its really going to be focused at WinMx only, so I hope no one takes offence with that,
feel free to profer some advice from your wealth of knowledge.

Many of the other forums are not able to devote the time to this one program and community that is curently under attack, and  that  we feel is an important omission, so as JC Toad has remarked asses have been moving, to do what they do best.

I intend to take all suggestions on here for tutorials seriously and make them appear for folks to use as a reference, and thats my mini policy statement.  :)

Freez

Looks nice...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:16:57 am »
I can't see why anyone would be offended at this being a WinMX only site.... after all, the name is WinMX World. :wink:
It may have been rushed, but I suspect that you will put in a lot of time refining it. I will stop by from time to time too see how its growing, and if I can will add my own input and advice.... whether or not you ask for it! :)

A couple words of advice I will give you now, coming from my  years of experiences with forums moderation and p2p sites. Take it for what its worth.
1) First and foremost: DO NO HARM to the network. By this I mean, don't allow any info that could cause harm or damage to the network. This includes hacks, cheats or 'bad programs' ie: QuickMX, Nushi poisons, etc.
2) Realize that although this is an independant forum, you are part of a global community of sites dedicated to p2p and especially being a new site, you will be under some scrutiny to be a responsible source of info. Never "go to war" with another site over issues unless that site is doing something so out of line that you feel its worth it, flame wars between sites always end up making both sites look bad. Handle what you can in an internal manner if possible.
3) Be helpful, but be honest.... thats not always the easiest thing to do.I used WinMX myself for years, and was a major advocate, helper and promoter of the program, but its far from a perfect beast... having some major issues to be resolved (some of which wont be fixed until a revamped version of the program is released.) If you are honest and address the problems WinMX has then you will gain the respect of your peers, bullshit them and they will know.

Anyways... now that I've bored you to death. :P
Peace,
Freez

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Looks nice...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 02:57:28 am »
If you are honest and address the problems WinMX has then you will gain the respect of your peers, bullshit them and they will know.

Address them we shall Freez , one of the reasons behind the site, as shall become clear, and you would I,m sure be one of the first to confirm my honesty, having conversed on many forums.

I think we are all rather busy at the moment to bother with anything else besides helping folks, each user helped is another one of our number who will strengthen the network.

Phobos

Looks nice...
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:43:08 pm »
Only just stumbled upon the site, but so far its looking good. The forum especially I suspect will become quite popilar and a great resource for anyone interested in MX and its many riches. I've been hosting a popular music related channel on WinMX for well over a year now, but havent really made myself known among the rest of the community... but this seems as good a time as any to start and try to make a difference somehow.

Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Phobos

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
Looks nice...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:27:26 am »
Thank you very much Phobos
 I,m very happy to have your support for our community here, very  nice plugin by the way  8)

Red XIII

Looks nice...
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 05:11:57 am »
Site looks great!  Keep up the good work :)

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX World  |  Site Feedback  |  Looks nice...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx