gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 09:18:05 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMonitor - No uploads now!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MXMonitor - No uploads now!  (Read 6753 times)

596silverblue

MXMonitor - No uploads now!
« on: May 22, 2005, 04:11:34 am »
I installed MXMonitor a couple days ago. I'm fairly happy with it, but I noticed that no one has uploaded anything from me in the last 24 hours or more. My downloads seem to be working fine. Anyone have any info on this issue?

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 07:09:54 am »
Hmm sounds like a setup problem maybe, have you looked at the setup guide we have ?

MX Monitor

I hope that helps, I have never run mx moni as I worry about the new users not getting any files, but it can help if some folks are just plain greedy  :)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 07:29:50 am »
AFter reading about the tactics the RIAA, etc. is using to disrupt sharing, I suspect they could have "quarantined," or made me "invisible" to other users on the network. That would explain the lack of uploads, I suppose. I didn't have the problem for the first 24 hours or so that I had the program.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 09:53:28 am »
There are several things that can effect your uploads.  Since this problem started after you installed and began using MXMonitor, its easy to blame, however it may not be your problem.

I suggest you come by the room on WinMX and lets test your uploads there.

WinMxWorld.Com_CC0F2AD9221C

Stop by and see us sometime soon .... :wink:

KM

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 01:14:10 pm »
i have actually noticed that twice i had bad primaries, no uploads at all started from "random" people, and when someone browsed me to try and start it refused to work, refreshing the connection fixed it

so i would tend to agree that they could be doing it, although with the number of primaries out there it would take a lot more resources than they have to try and get most primaries under their control... although they could also use artificial means to increase their sucess

or... it could have just been that i was unlucky enough to get primaries that where behind messed up firewalls or something? lets hope so...

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 04:39:02 pm »
WinMxWorld.Com_CC0F2AD9221C

I tried to go tot he above URL, and get error messages. I'll try again later. I'm on a secondary connection, btw.

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 07:23:09 pm »
that is not a url... its a room name and number on WinMX.

Open your WinMX, click on the Chat, say yes your not easily offended.. (Love that line)...

then when you get the list look for that room name and highlight it
double click it or click the join button above the list...

We are usually there and can provide live chat for support...

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 12:00:37 am »
This is probably a stupid question, but - when I click "Join selected room" nothing happens! How do I get in the room?

KM

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 03:53:26 pm »
if you entered the room name in to the filter bar, then you click the "Join" button on the right, the "Join Selected" one below the bar is to join the room selected on the list... just to confuse people :-D

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 06:10:48 pm »
Filter bar? All I have for chat, that I see, is "list channels." i click that, then click a room, then try to join, and, as noted above, nothing happens. Am I missing a button somewhere? Where is the place to enter the room name? I don't see it.

Thanks for the help!

KM

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 06:44:52 pm »
there's a black text box at the top, you can either enter a room name in there and click the join button to the left, or select a room name on the list and select "Join Selected Channel" - or just double click the room name...

if you cant get in to any rooms on the list by double clicking... erm... cry, then let us know :-D

596silverblue

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 08:52:42 pm »
My shared files somehow got "unshared. " Not sure how that happened, but it's fixed now. Thanks.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Upload/Download managers  |  MXMonitor - No uploads now!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 26 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx