gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:01:37 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Knowledge on primary protocols wanted
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Knowledge on primary protocols wanted  (Read 567 times)

Offline Ftool

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
Knowledge on primary protocols wanted
« on: May 10, 2023, 03:43:54 am »
I've been working on what I wanted to be a primary enabled client but I could do with any info anyone can give on the primary protocols. I can set up and accept primary connections. Tcp and udp. Search results are easy to send and process but I can't seem to figure out how to get searches accepted by the network. I know something needs to be right with bytes 9 to 16 of tcp messages. I know byte 9 increases with each search, byte 15 seems to start low but increases with every node it passes through like a hop count and 16 seems to depend on the senders allocated bandwidth. Also I see 6 distinct message types hex 53 and 54 for string searches, 55 and 56 for hash searches, 4E for chat list refresh and 5A that I don't know what for.
So any info is appreciated

Offline White Stripes

• Core
  • Je suis aimé
Re: Knowledge on primary protocols wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 03:11:37 pm »
look through the various attempts at clients in the archive and you may be able to put more together... the person that could have really given you that data or directed where to go is .. i think .. no longer amongst the living...

right now your best bet would be to ask around on the more populated chat channels.. there are those still out there that know what you need i just dont want to name names... send me a pm if you want more..

Offline Ftool

• Forum Member
  • I love WinMX!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 02:12:01 am »
Thanks but It's OK now, I got it going. Turns out my router had some sort of brain fart not forwarding udp. The searches were being accepted after all

Offline Will

• WMW Team
  • It wasn't me
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 09:41:38 am »
One point worth mentioning is that search results may slightly differ based on the file format. While most results are similar, files with additional metadata (typically MP3s), such as bitrate, frequency, and playtime, will also be included in the results.

From the top of my head, 5A is disconnection message sent to primaries when a node is disconnected from the network.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  Protocol Discussion  |  Knowledge on primary protocols wanted

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx