gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever May 14, 2024, 06:33:57 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Fxserver not connecting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fxserver not connecting  (Read 4280 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: Fxserver not connecting
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 06:58:24 am »
I wish Fedez would actually bother to come here and help resolve his problem. posting on an Italian site when he knows that KM uses this site is rather strange.

We could then offer him help in fixing the bug in FX that makes it hammer the peer caches repeatedly and not obtain IPS from the network as most other servers do.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 03:07:08 pm »
It is proven that you can in fact patch fxserver with the winmxgroup patch without it Breaking. I tried it myself.

er... I think I just broke it. I patched FXServer as per the tutorial posted and attached you'll find an image of the message I keep getting. I can't even get the server to open now. I'm using 98se.. it would appear by the pics in the tutorial it was tested using XP. Is my OS the problem ? I checked the folder.. the patch is there.
PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 03:40:02 pm »
I suspect it is your OS, the ws2_32.dll is written for & works with windows 2000 & later which are NT based, it didn't work with winmx either on 9x systems, and a different dll was used, without experimentation I can't confirm if FXS would connect using the 9x winmx dll, meanwhile, on 98 I would recommend a hosts file, although sadly the most common one has been out of date for some time & those responsible for maintaining it frankly don't seem to care...
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

KM

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 05:21:09 pm »
the ws2_32.dll fix is a generic fix, it's not 9x compatible... a 9x compatible fix would need to be written specifically for each application that needs fixing, which considering fxserver should have been fixed by it's creator ages ago... look at him not me, lol

fedez has announces he plans to fix it, how long does it take to change the hostname it uses? about 30 seconds (including opening the source, scrolling to it, and recompiling)? almost as long as changing the IP Addresses in a hosts file... lol

you can of course use this hosts file which is currently up to date for 9x installs of fxserver (not aware of any other use for a hosts file) but of course getting fedez to fix his program instead of telling everyone to just use a broken one would be even better

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  Fxserver not connecting

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx