gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:14:39 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!  (Read 32361 times)

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:12:07 pm »
Okay folks its here!  Its here and I am finally allowed to talk about it so this being the relevant section I wanted everyone to get a chance to give this a try...

3.0 Patch that filters the fakes from your searches for you!!!!!!!!!
Install the 3.0 Patch today and remove fakes from your searches! THE most requested feature for future patches.. "remove the fakes from my search results", is now here.  This is a monumental acheivement and is well worth the simple task of reinstalling the patch with one click and restarting your WinMX.
Download the 3.0 Here!

This file works on all operating systems, all WinMX versions, and will also works with IE7 beta 2.  You can easily install WinMX with patch, just the patch for your existing WinMX program, switch from a hosts file fix and even patch third party software with it.  Its been tested, used, tires kicked, and approved.  There have been no bugs or compatiblity issues with any other software tested, including third party WinMX software and the Beta IE7.  Thanks again to KM for his inovative thinking if fighting off P2P's greatest enemy!

Any feed back can be posted here, happy WinMxing folks .. :wink:

Oh and any Macrovision/RIAA flooding bastards reading this... HAHA... Enjoy!!!!!

WOMBAT

Re: 3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 01:20:12 pm »
Ahh !!! "KM" You've Done It Again

Let me Be The First To Say Well Done KM And Gang
Just Reinstalled And Am Trying It Now
Don't Know What Ya Did But Don't Care As Long As It Worx

You Little Scarlet Pimpernel "Me Here"

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 01:24:17 pm »
when i change to the 3.o it changes my ip and my chat server doesnt show on the winmx peer list . is there any fix for this .

KM

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 01:28:46 pm »
if you are using fxserver with a hosts file fix then it would cause it to stop working - that is because fxserver has STILL not been fixed to work correctly, use the winmxgroup patch from here for fxserver

WOMBAT

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 01:31:24 pm »
Scusy Me KM Oh Master Of The MX

Are We Still Using -USER Or Is That Not Required Any More ????

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:33:47 pm »
That patch you installed will remove those for you.. so no you are not going to need to do that, and if they change tactics and that -user didnt work.. it will not affect your fake file free searches    :lol:

KM

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 01:35:05 pm »
it is not required as such - winmx will filter the results for you, however i would advise still using it to reduce the effects of the UDP flood, which can still disrupt some connections :-(

WOMBAT

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 01:38:21 pm »
Jus One More Quessie

How Would We know If We Had Fake Files In Our Incomplete

Would It Be Wise To Delete All Incompletes And Start Again

Or Is That Not Neccessary

Ta

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 01:49:17 pm »
Fake files in your incompletes generally will find multitudes of users that will time out.. this can happen too quickly for WinMX to handle and cause it to crash.
You also will see the occational one download a small percent again and record speeds.. and cause you to crash..

If you're not having any problems and your incompletes not doing anything that is 'Too good to be true'.. then your prolly ok..

WOMBAT

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 01:54:50 pm »
Thanx Me Here
Think All This Secret service Work Has Taken Its Toll On You 99

I Reckon The Master Should Give The Genie A Day Or Two Off

Where Is Happy Me Here Gone ? Hope We Find Her

Zepposircarressith

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 04:18:36 pm »
Thanks everyoen thanks km thansk for all the guys who tested the winmx patch you made this happend love you all keep up the good work winmx world :shock: :shock: :shock:

Neuromancer

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 10:00:53 pm »
Hi,

Can someone tell me why the "Patch operational" message doesnt always show up on my wimx panel?

sometimes theres just a white box with no text. Is my patch installed correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

absolutely no mxm users

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 10:12:14 pm »
was hoping this would work and i am sure it does, however despite trying 3 times it comes down but will not install the .exe file part so i am stuck with 3.54 any genius (and i know there are lots out there) shed me any light tytyty keep the good work up and lose the leechers lol

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 10:21:22 pm »
Hi Necromancer, the bar at the top you mention is a small internet explorer bar and shows a small part of the web page there, its being used recently to convey update messages but whether or not its there wont affect WinMX, normally restarting MX will fix this minor annoyance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on to the next customer  :)

Hi absolutely no mxm users, Ifyou all ready have winmx try using the smaller NO-MX file that is the patch only, also another trick is to download it over itself as sometimes folks only get half the program for some strange reason.

https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html

Go for the one that says "Patch without WinMX (for existing installs)"

I hope that helps folks let us know if your continue to have a problem  :)

Neuromancer

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 10:32:09 pm »
Thanks for explanation Ghostship!

Its been bugging me for ages now , and as you said it dosent seem to affect winmx performance.

by the way, is it possible to tell which patch is installed. When wimx went down I installed a few patches, and eventually uninstalled /reinstalled the whole thing with winmx from the winmxgroup website. I installed the new patch today and everything seems to work well.

Offline GhostShip

• WMW Team
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 10:37:39 pm »
There are slightly different messages for each of the patches, the latest one will show "Patch Operational" and the one before said "Protecting The Network From Flooders"

I bet theres someone out there that has a list  :D

plasticfork

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 01:38:27 pm »
Great work, KM (though I ain't tried it yet). :)

Offline burrito

• MX Hosts
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 02:52:29 pm »
is it a neseccity to have this patch ill just leave it i just tried again and didn't work .then system restore . by the way thanks for the quick help when i posted the other day . do i really need it is the point. thank u really appreciate it ////////

KM

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 03:38:13 pm »
it is strongly advised, as well as an improved block list it also means no fake search results...

andelepues

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 12:50:55 am »
A couple of quick questions. I just now downloaded and installed the new patch to my existing WinMx. I was using the socalled "pie 2.9" patch. What I am noticing after maybe five minutes of use is that I only have 1 secondary compared to lots more normally. I have 6 primaries and 11790 spms (whatever that is). I always connect with a primary connection to the network. Is there a reason why I see so few secondaries? Also, the "pie" patch is in the same WinMx folder as this new one. Should I delete the old patch or is it just going to be ignored so I don't need to worry about it?

One last question. I use Kaspersky for my firewall. It will not let WinMx connect to anyone except the primaries and my search results are next to nothing. I have OKed WinMx with Kaspersky but something is obviously happening anyway. I have to turn the firewall off and just use the one from Windows XP2 when I want to use WinMx. Any idea of what is going wrong? Thanks for everything.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Fake Files  |  3.0 Patch release removes the fake files from your search!

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx