gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 05:05:45 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  servers and bots / do they all get along the same?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: servers and bots / do they all get along the same?  (Read 2748 times)

Offline flyboy

• Forum Member
servers and bots / do they all get along the same?
« on: August 04, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
I am wondering if a certain combination of servers and bots are more in tune with each other or if one would cause another not to function properly. :?

Also, what do you think would be the best server to use with Metis?
(I'm kinda leaning towards Metis because I think once I learn how to program it correctly, it will be a good bot)  (Please provide your expert opinion on this matter also)

KM

servers and bots / do they all get along the same?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 05:12:59 pm »
rabbit and WCS are the best :-P

ok, with the essential comment out of the way... any server works fine with any bot, its a common winmx protocol, so all servers send out the same things to remain compatible, and clients all send out the same things to the servers, if a certain client were to try and do something differently to the standard way of doing it then it couldn't connect to any rooms, same with servers - clients couldn't connect unless the server supported the winmx protocol :-)

the preferred choice of server for most people is WCS, and the preferred choice of bot is Metis (for some unknown reason :-P) but you can pick any server and any bot and they will work fine. just remember that if using a server with coloured text you might have to disable the colours for the bot (differerent servers have different commands for that, but its /bot in WCS and i believe also FXServer, others should have some command for it)

RockCandy1013

Re: servers and bots / do they all get along the same?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 07:12:03 pm »
KM  can u tell me if  robomx will work with  ouka? and if so  let me know please  i can enter the room but the trivia wont show up   tks  rock

KM

Re: servers and bots / do they all get along the same?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 08:21:09 pm »
any server works fine with any bot

just remember that if using a server with coloured text you might have to disable the colours for the bot

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Bots  |  servers and bots / do they all get along the same?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx