gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 29, 2024, 08:07:39 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA V EFF Open Debate
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MPAA V EFF Open Debate  (Read 1004 times)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
MPAA V EFF Open Debate
« on: June 21, 2006, 12:00:02 pm »
I enjoyed this debate that I hope explains to many how the mdia Cartels are slowly stealing your rights while shouting loudly if someone questions their own.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB115047057428882434-1V_FEK_CJelMfytdST8APRW7cZw_20060720.html

The music and movie industries defend DRM as a means of protecting artists and publishers -- without it, they say, it would be too easy for users to abuse copyrights by illegally swapping files over the Internet. They also argue that without DRM technologies, publishers wouldn't have been willing to distribute their content in online music and video stores, such as Apple's iTunes.

But some consumer advocates argue that DRM often goes too far, treating customers as would-be criminals and putting burdensome restrictions on what they can do with music and movies that were legally purchased. (ITunes, for instance, allows users to burn music to an unlimited number of CDs, but limits the number of computers on which users can play purchased music.)

The Online Journal asked Fritz Attaway, a senior executive with the Motion Picture Association of America, to debate the issue over email with Wendy Seltzer, a law professor who specializes in intellectual property and First Amendment issues. Their exchange is below.

Ok thats the backdrop now I urge you to read the article for the debate itself as it is rather long for my small section here  :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
Re: MPAA V EFF Open Debate
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 01:10:48 pm »
(ITunes, for instance, allows users to burn music to an unlimited number of CDs, but limits the number of computers on which users can play purchased music.)

That isin't bad. You can make as many copies an you want for your personal uses, but can't share the movies or music...

But limiting the copies, agreed, is outright scandal
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: MPAA V EFF Open Debate
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:34:23 pm »
The other issue Sam is that the copies are low quality and folks like myself can tell the difference between 192k and 128k.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Discussion  |  WinMx World News  |  MPAA V EFF Open Debate

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx