gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 06:40:21 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  .dll & metis 2.7 test 6 (winamp)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: .dll & metis 2.7 test 6 (winamp)  (Read 5462 times)

.dll & metis 2.7 test 6 (winamp)
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:22:21 am »
Hi every1

Ok ive been using the dll patch 4 a while now and havent really had a problem with it up until now
I have recently installed winamp so i can use a script in my metis bot to display and to control winamp from my WCS room.
Soon as i installed winamp my bots (3 of) started to drop
also my WCS room started to loose connections to
Then i could not use my internet browser

:shock:

I have now given up on winamp and uninstalled it n everything seems to be fine again except i lost some scripts doing a system restore (twice) and 1 of the bots is still playing up.   :( But im able to use my web broser again and my chat room seems to be back up to 10/10 primarys  :)

I dunno if any1 else has reported the problem but im sure it could put ppl of using dll with winamp if the problem is not looked at.
I know of at least 1 other person that has had problems with there metis bot when using the dll patch and winamp so its deffenatly not something i have done.

Can some1 please look in2 the for me

Thanlks

:D

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: .dll & metis 2.7 test 6 (winamp)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 04:20:15 am »
I havn't investigated this yet, but on a casual inspection of what happened it seems more likely to be a problem of trying to use multiple copies of the RoboMX (Metis) winamp plugin with one copy of winamp on a single system, than it does to be anything to do with the connection dll
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:44:40 pm »
The problems only started when i installed winamp. I have had the the bots installed and running for a while without no problems.

As i mentioned a friend of mine kinda had the same thing happen to em.
They was on pie and i convinced them to switch 2 dll and within a few minutes there bot dissconnected and has never connected since. The user also has winamp instaled but she runs 1 metis bot.

I really do think this is linked to the dll patch

Hope we can get to the bottom of this problem soon

:(

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 09:38:58 pm »
Sorry Zeus, can you confirm they either ran a patched metis or placed the winsock dll into the metis folder on an unpatched version ?

I ask this as it may be that in patching their mx the metis bot has been left unpatched and I,m sure you,ll agree that would make it not connect.

Grab the bot only patch here, and place it  in the robomx folder that metis 2.7 b6 runs under with the Robomx.exe file

https://www.winmxgroup.com/ws2_32.dll

I hope this helps solve one mystery

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 11:21:55 pm »
Do let us know Zeus after this other person reinstalls this file.. often with MS updates it would break the connection for the ws2_32.dll when it was also being used for the connection of WinMX so make sure they have that reinstalled..

I use it, I use it with metis and robomx.. and I use Winamp as about 75% of mx chat users do.. have had no issues here with any of them..

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:49:30 pm »

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Fixed/Patched Tools and Toys  |  .dll & metis 2.7 test 6 (winamp)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx