gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 03:09:48 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Nero overheating
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nero overheating  (Read 896 times)

Offline medhist

• Forum Member
Nero overheating
« on: July 23, 2006, 07:54:42 pm »
I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or not. If not please excuse me.
I am running a P4 2.8  with 512 mb ram. At rest, my system 2 zone fan runs about 1400rpm and 35 deg C. If I try to transcode it will jump to 2400 rpm and  the temp  will climb to over 50C triggering an audible overheating alarm. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to look for a bigger ,ie better cooling system? Nero is the software that came with my dual layer burner.I sure dont want to cook my processor. Many thanks,

KM

Re: Nero overheating
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 09:21:44 pm »
when running CPU intensive tasks you generally will find the CPU temperature goes up (because the system turns off the CPU when it's not being used, reducing power, and reducing heat generation - which it stops doing when it's in use)

as for the overheat alarm triggering at 50'C, if you go in to the BIOS setup utility for your motherbard (normally DEL or F2 sometimes F8 as soon as the computer is turned on) it should let you turn the alarm temperature up or disable it so it doesn't keep pestering you about it, most motherboards only allow about 70'C as the highest setting so set it to that - it's also about the right setting to use for a 2.8GHz P4 (depending on exact model the 2.8GHz P4s have maximum temperatures between 70 and 80) but with a P4 overheats aren't an issue anyway as the CPU is not capable of overheating

Offline medhist

• Forum Member
Re: Nero overheating
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 11:20:11 pm »
Thanks for the information. I could just imagine frying the processor and having to replace it:(

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  Nero overheating

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx