gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 19, 2024, 02:31:19 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  A Urgent "Winmx incompletes" question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Urgent "Winmx incompletes" question  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
A Urgent "Winmx incompletes" question
« on: July 26, 2006, 08:02:30 pm »
On the last years i have had some some problems with my hardrives
what is happening is that i can get a system tray message at random time whit this cryptic message

"a delayed writing failed" (mine is a swedish message so i can't the tempus for write? but i hope you see anyway)
it was impossible to
save all data for the file E:\ S mft(dollar tag ove the S) (doesnt sound to good)

some seconds after

"a delayed writing failed"
it was impossible to save to save all data for E:\P2P Temp\Winmx.exe

Winmx has ALLWAYS been active when this hardrive failure occurs and i cant neglige that any longer
this has happend 3 times this year..2 times this last week
my hardrive is then slowing down. dies and dissapear from windows explorer after restart. and starts to kill damaged file-post segment with chkdsk.ootherwise it can't recognice the hardrive with,but most data survives

but now i have thinking moore on what involvment Winmx could possible have on this "writing errors" and perhaps peases is finally falling on place now i dont know?. you decide
i think of..first i have 500 incompletes perhaps moore active to Winmx. and some of thoose are perhaps 2 years old now, its old open nap server ivolved allso in the map
thei are from different Winmx versions, thei are from different computers accually.. i saved them on a cd from a different hardrive on another computer.thei have wandered again from different hardrives boot Sata drives and from the beggining IDE file systems
and i allso copyed them finally to my new computer again.(sata)

now when i hade this last crash. and i was trying to save my lost data, and i extracted thoose old Winmx temps again :) for future use
but my data rescue program did not like thoose files. i dont know what  "MTF record child's claimed parent mismatch aborting"  message means but? but could thei be corrupted from all other hardrives different file systems somehow?..."delayed Writing on E:\"  "Winmx.exe"(E:\) hmmm..

perhaps this is just bullshit stories i dont know?, i cant enough about computers to now for sure. but my only clue is that Winmx in this case causes the hardware crashes, its allways the sam patern
and allso important..1 year ago it was DC++ instead who unleashed a "delayed writing" on i atleast think it was another of my hardrives?..but the thread is thath P2P is ALWAYS involved avtive and it was old incompletes from Dc++ from other hardrives o used allso..i remember that now

And i have done a scan on my current hardrive with my hardrives own test program. and it shows no damaged sectors on the disc

is my fear right :(? ore is it just somethin else causing this disc blackouts? :lol:

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
Re: A Urgent "Winmx incompletes" question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:13:50 pm »
the incomplete map includes maybe 300 old zero byte files with wery long file names from other computers

good ore bad?

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 08:17:06 pm »
Well delete all the incompletes that have not progressed beyond 100kb.
That's the main and first thing to do.
I suppose this happens when you click load incomplete. With so  many files, that can happen. Most importantly, there will no doubt be fakes in these files sicne there are so many. These can also cause winmx to crash(NOTE: Correct this last sentence if wrong) I did read somewhere that some kind of fakes can cause winmx to crash.
Also if there are damaged video files in that folder, that can cause explorer to crash.
Neutron can help in Swedish. If you want you can also start a thread there too.

Do tell how you got on
Cheers :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:18:49 pm »
Windows can handle file names (this includes path and extension) to a maximum of 256 letters orsymbols. Having such long file names can also cause explorer to crash when it tries to read such files.

Patch link :

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:25:24 pm »
You might want to visit this thread too.

https://forum.winmxworld.com/index.php?topic=21.0.html

Do tell how you have got on
Patch link :

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:31:32 pm »
ok i see, do you perahps have a tread about winmx destoyes the hardrive to? :wink:?

what do you think of the incompletes invovling my complete hardrive reading failiurs??

"it was impossible to
save all data for the file E:\ S mft" 

i must reformat the drive again now

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 08:34:17 pm »
I'd also run chkdsk /f /r from a command prompt on your E drive, that will take some time to complete, but will also check the disk thorouhly for filesystem errors & possible bad (unwritable) sectors which *may* have developed, that can cause the error you're seeing.

$mft is the ntfs Master file table, somewhere you don't want errors
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 08:43:39 pm »
I'd also run chkdsk /f /r from a command prompt on your E drive, that will take some time to complete, but will also check
$mft is the ntfs Master file table, somewhere you don't want errors
$

yes chkdsk /f /r  i have allready used. so i guess the problems are goon for now atleast

but its still a mystery what is causing it and i fear for its return..well i can atleast hope for a change if i kill my zero byte files first of all

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 08:50:16 pm »
The last time I had this problem the cause was a faulty (failing) hard disk, which shortly therafter quit spinning up. It might be wise to back up any important files on there to another drive (different hardware not just separate partition) and/or to cd/dvd.. it might just be a one off glitch, but NOW is the time to back stuff up, on the grounds if it IS a developing hardware issue, later may be too late.

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 09:11:41 pm »
Neutron can help in Swedish. If you want you can also start a thread there too.

where can i find Neutron?

The last time I had this problem the cause was a faulty (failing) hard disk, which shortly therafter quit spinning up. It might be wise to back up any important files on there to another drive (different hardware not just separate partition) and/or to cd/dvd.. it might just be a one off glitch, but NOW is the time to back stuff up, on the grounds if it IS a developing hardware issue, later may be too late.

yes lucky for me i have a "thing" for backup my stuff. so i have not loosed mutch..exept time

so your expreience are thath if  F:\ $mft has problems it means replacing the hardrive?

my " Western Kaviar" test shows no problems however yet.. and not my hardrive watching programs either.. but who knows thei might miss it

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 09:13:40 pm »
im wery good in quoting..i hope you all can see thath  :roll:  :lol:

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 09:18:33 pm »
correction..i hade 10031 incompletes i see now :P

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 09:19:19 pm »
correction..i hade 10031 incompletes i see now :P

sorry i mean 1031  :P ops

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 11:39:34 pm »
I'm say'ng a hardware problem is a possibility, there are others, could be as simple as a power fluctuation which caused a write error, a one off event, or it could mean other things, i suggested backing up for the sake of caution

KM

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 07:29:26 am »
The only time i've had an error like that on a real disk (get it all the time when a network drive disconnects - the same as a drive failure) is on a disk which is as good as dead. I would strongly advise checking for further problems, and if the drive has SMART capability then there are various tools that will check the drive status and that can often verify there to be an issue (although not always)

The disk that I've had that error on I still have laying around, however I don't use it for important data (it's literally there for a single purpose of storing a few drivers for after a reinstall...), under windows if i try to use it i often get that error, under linux I get an email sent to me warning of imminent hard drive failure (gotta love linux sending out emails for errors), and I have had corruption on the drive so I know the drive is failing.

A failing drive should be about the only time you'll get an error like that (except perhaps a lose cable, however I doubt that is the case) - in fact it's lucky if you do get such advanced warning, as many failures simply kill the drive with no warning

as for why you get p2p clients reporting the errors... well that's because they write to the disk a lot more than anything else on your system

Offline Blå_Mocka

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 08:39:39 am »
ok thanks for your replies. then P2P is perhaps not involved in my drive errors after all
it was worth a try
anyway i have disabled "indexing" of the hardrive. deleted incompletes and changed HD cable,created a new winmx installation map, changed by dogs fodder :)
so if im lucky 1 of thoose might still preventa replay of the scenario 

(except perhaps a lose cable, however I doubt that is the case)

accually i dont trust the cable i have been using untill now. there was 3 threads on it that was slized off in one of the corners of it. dont know if that is enough to be dangerous
but i changed to a new cable just to be safe

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Other WinMX Help  |  A Urgent "Winmx incompletes" question

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx