gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 09:59:41 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  Clicca qui per aggiornamente etc. etc. message in v3.5 beta after update patch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Clicca qui per aggiornamente etc. etc. message in v3.5 beta after update patch  (Read 3923 times)

I get the above message in winmx beta v3.54 and when I click I'm directed here to update http://www.mxpie.info/update.html but I have already downloaded and installed the patch from this site so what is going on woith the update message? TIA for the help  :D

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Guest there are two ways to fix your WinMX to get it to connect, so when  you say I already downloaded the latest version for 'this site' i am wanting to make clear the differnce between what this site (WinMXWorld) and what that site (pie) recommends...

The pie patch is a hosts file, this has hard coded IPs for the new cache servers in it.. however the 'latest' version has only two IPs listed of the 5 available (one of them is a cable server that is unstable when in full load mode).  If those fail your going to be lost with no connection and have to update again..

The WinMX Group fix is a dynamic DLL patch that will not have this issue and is using all available cache to get you a speedy connection.  Its not going to need updated everytime an IP changes.  It will also filter out fake files, and keep the Macrovision severs uploading all those fakes from using you to do it.  Its easy to do and here's what you need.

Go to https://www.winmxgroup.com/downloads.html
Look for Various WinMX Versions + Patch  download this file
Shut down WinMX and double click this file
Thats it.. your done.. enjoy WinMX.. any further updates will be for new improved features and you wont lose connection from WinMX...

Thanks for your reply, there does seem to be some misunderstanding though. I did not say I caould not connect, in fact I have no trouble connecting at all with the latest beta and patch download which as I said in my first post I have already downloaded and installed from this site. Once again I will say that the problem I encounter is that I receive a message in a winmx menu bar that states URGENT INFO CLICK HERE TO UPDATE and when I do so I am directed to the mxpie site. If as you say I have the latest version and patch why am I being asked to update when I start the program. It is NOT a connection issue, it is an update conflict which I would like to resolve. Once again thanks for your help  :P

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Yes Guest
I guess I sorta mislead you with my reply in an effort to explain the two, and not knowing for sure which 'site' you meant.. for what ever reason sounds like your either not patched correctly (meaning you may actually have two versions of WinMX installed, we see a lot of folks that are pie patched and operating from say.. the desktop in a folder, then the DLL install makes a new one in the Program Files Directory).. check for more then one on your system and check your WinMx folder for a file called OLEDLG.DLL  << the 3.0 patch.

The other possibility would be that your Hosts file is being protected from a spyware or antivirus program.. so you have a Hosts file with Pie entries still, even tho the DLL patch will override and connect you from the OLEDLG.DLL within WinMX folder.
Quick fix is to shut down any anti spyware or av, (while offline of course, so pre download of the Installer from WinMX Group is required) and reinstall this with those off.  Then restart your Spyware or Antivirus programs.

The message bar at the top is basically being broadcast to you via one entry in the hosts file.  The one you need should say this
212.227.104.169   www.winmx.com

You can check your hosts file for XP by going to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc 
and in ME/98 by going to C:\Windows
folder and open your 'hosts' file with note pad.

Hope this helps you resolve the issue.. if not just let me know..

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Possibly you have some adware/spyware protection which is reversing changes made to your hosts file & preventing the entry for the message (small IE window) in winmx being updated.

The other possibility that occurs to me is that the change has been made, but you're running windows 98 & need to reboot before your newly updated hosts file gets loaded.

I would recommend re-running the winmxgroup installer with your adware/spyware protection temporarily disabled, then rebooting your pc.
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

I can read my hosts file and it makes references to mxpie, I cannot remove the hosts file or edit it, I have closed all spyware, virus etc programs and re-installed winmx complete yet still i have the same message.....wtf

Offline Me Here

• WMW Team
Guest do you have an Uninstaller for your Pie patch.. It would be in Program files normally.. and Say MXPie folder.. then have an uninstaller in it.. this may or may not remove it and replace it with your original file..

You may have to actually try in safe mode.. and yes i agree ..(wtf)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
You should certainly be able to edit/replace your hosts file in safe mode even if some software is preventing it when booted normally, if running the Pie uninstaller fails to return your system to a standard hosts file (which can often happen if Pie was installed over an earlier (particularly manual) hosts file fix, then the standard issue hosts file can be obtained Here

To which the message bar entry :
212.227.104.169   www.winmx.com
Could be easily added (again in safe mode if needed).

Here is the answer, the existing hosts file which displayed the error entry was in fact locked by zonealarm even though the advanced options displayed the lock/unlock checkbox as unlocked. The solution to the bug was to lock and exit zonealarm, reload and unlock, this finally allowed me to edit the hosts file and fix the error message. Nearly drove me crazy trying to figure out wht the damn thing couldn't be changed or deleted, took a lot of searching to stumble across that one :-) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :-)

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
Glad you found the solution :)
* Bearded Blunder never did like ZoneAlarm that much
Although WHEN it's working right it's probably the easiest of the third party firewalls to set up & live with.. It's certainly the most helpful about what to allow & what not to.

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  Clicca qui per aggiornamente etc. etc. message in v3.5 beta after update patch

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx