gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 20, 2024, 04:41:09 am
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  IS WCS REALLY THAT GOOD (KM PLEASE READ)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IS WCS REALLY THAT GOOD (KM PLEASE READ)  (Read 5795 times)

Faithless_Sniper

IS WCS REALLY THAT GOOD (KM PLEASE READ)
« on: July 23, 2006, 12:00:54 pm »
well here i am again but this time with a big complaint. Over that last couple of months people have been saying that they can flood WCS and its connections now me being me i was curious on how this can be done so someone shown me. With the aid of a little application called a Port flooder some one can flood the port used by WCS when this happens you cann see on your WCS server screen Connection Reset By Peer.

Now i know this is no ones fault other than the person who is doing the flooding but KM is there a way to stop this from happening. One more thing i am waiting for a new release of wcs still testing the beta with no news on updates.

KM WHERE ARE YOU

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
Re: IS WCS REALLY THAT GOOD (KM PLEASE READ)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:51:35 pm »
That would happen with any server, not only WCS, if you had the bandwidth you could take Billy Gates's servers down that way.... never mind a small program on a home connection.. best I can suggest is firewall their IP, or add them to peer guardian in a custom blocklist.. & if they have the bandwidth they could still flood you totally offline..
You might also report them to their ISP for abuse, using a port flooder would constitute an illegal DOS attack & as such is also against their terms of use (service agreement) for their connection.  With sufficient evidence, screen shots, packet logs & such, who knows? Their provider may even take action (though personally I wouldn't hold my breath).
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:33:22 pm »
Well that as made me laugh Snick and and a user called james are the flooders i know coz they shown me how to do it and sent me the software but i aint as immature as them. Well i can now confidently say my hosting days are over if people are going to play childish games then i dont see why i should waste resources on them. I have noticed that winmx as gone down hill alot and i do not think it will get back to the same rep it had before.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 12:26:21 am »
Surely you don't think this sort of lame activity is restricted to winmx?

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 02:44:34 am »
Snick and James only do this because they are scared that your room is going to get better than theirs. So they just handle it it the most immature way possible. Just ignore them and move on. They will figure out one day that people will just start not likeing them no matter what they do.

Simply Put their ip addres's on firewall and report their actions to their isp.

Snick- Teen WinMx_5022AF450003 - 69.175.34.80  (abuse@adelphia.com)

James - TEEN POT  ASSOCIATION_71D826520003 - 82.38.216.113  (abuse@blueyonder.co.uk)
- Josh

Offline Josh

• Forum Member
  • Thinking about tomorrow...
    • http://www.winmxunlimited.net
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:47:12 am »
You might also report them to their ISP for abuse, using a port flooder would constitute an illegal DOS attack & as such is also against their terms of use (service agreement) for their connection.  With sufficient evidence, screen shots, packet logs & such, who knows? Their provider may even take action (though personally I wouldn't hold my breath).

Connecting And DIsconnecting over and over again arent DOS attacks though
- Josh

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 04:12:10 am »
Quote from: Quick_Slide
some one can flood the port used by WCS

Flooding ports to take a server down is, that's what I read as happening Josh

KM

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 05:02:23 am »
denial of service

or a typical ISPs AUP would have something along the lines of:
Effecting security breaches or disruptions of Internet communications. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which customer is not an intended recipient or logging onto a server or account that the customer is not expressly authorised to access. For the purposes of this section "disruption" includes, but is not limited to, port scans, ping floods, packet spoofing, forged routing information, deliberate attempts to overload a service, any otherwise unspecified form of Denial of Service (DoS) attack, or attempts to "crash" a host

as for your comment on immature behaviour, have you forgotten that you are the worst offender of the lot?

RëpösÄñgê£

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 02:46:31 pm »
My room has also suffered due to James childish behaviour , spamming , nuking and also cloning us , he once nuked me over 1,000 times in one day  :( , luckily i had Mc afee firewall enabled , i also reported his ass to Hacker watch . Just watch out for him guys he is very bad news.

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 02:41:57 pm »
i may just may report them at the moment my DSL is down due to the fact i am moving isp's and soon i will be on canle anyway and high speed cable at that so snick and james have won for now but not for long.

The only thing that mainly annoyed me was the fact that both snick and james where supposed to be mates but people say assumption is the mother of all fcukups.

I try and help people and most people say thank you or at least show that they are greatful but james and snick are to big headed to admit anything.

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 04:07:30 pm »
Well regardless of right or wrong with those two you mentioned, I hope to see you back soon Quick_slide.

I hope we can now return to the topic  originally posted about  :) 

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:25:43 am »
Well Ghost i will be honnest i am hoping that when i am with my new ISP snick and james will grow up a little. I will not be hoesting a chat room i do not think but i will stay using WinMX and i will continue to share Media to WinMx

Snick

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 02:53:50 pm »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

now wtf wud my name turn up in this for? i do not flood rooms? Correct

keep my name out of it dan, aka quick slide.... and for a fact: if u wanna go into details.

Josh, i have screen shots of you FLooding my ports on PG, and Sygate Logs flooding me aswell with ICMP and UDP and i think even TCP..... yet ur ISP never responds...... so its not like u got any room to talk here. and theres tons of otehr people that know u use ur talents (programming) for bad which is pitiful for a kid your age.

Snick

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 02:56:09 pm »
oh and another thing... i cant edit dont htink i hav an account here.    but James is very bad for that nukeing thing... i mean ffs he went about for like 2 days straight going around doing it to all the rooms,,, especialy teen rooms.

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 03:01:33 pm »
That is true Snick i am sorry for asking you to look at this post but i wanted you to see that people do not like Nukers and Flooders. As i said to you on MSN earlier i could have done something about it but i am not going to as you are a friend and i can trust you when you say you will not do it again.

Now Snick is being good i think James needs to read this so we can stop his immature games. I mean what does this kid really get out of Nuking someone else room i would never like to think.

Snick

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 03:04:01 pm »
Oh and, DAN (soryr i keep forgetting to add everything) You have ASKED for the program to do a simple nuke and i sent it to youf rom the site of library 2 ya which u can get the program urself.

and you asked "how" this was did and "asked to do this snick" so i did. And i showed you. Now so there little buddy u gotta tell the truth here.

Faithless_Sniper

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 03:08:36 pm »
I am telling the truth. If you remember i was sat upstairs in my Room watching Teen Smokers and i noticed that James was getting a tiny bit high rate about me Suposidly cracking Ashy's Chat Room. James came in and started Nuking Port 3, i asked you how he was doing it and yes you did send me some software that did that but after you had shown me how it was done i deleted all traces of this program from my hard drive.

Fair enough i did ask once or twice for you to show me but after that you did continue. I am not saying this is soley your fault thats why i mentioned James, I was only making people aware that you are capable of doing this type of thing.

Liquid

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 03:19:52 pm »
Ok well this topic is pointless
Everyone here is going on about Nukers and Flooders
Nuking = Obselete nowadays due to higher connections sure if you have the connection size you could nuke someone
But it mostly only affects those with dialup
You would lag slightly from a nuke attack
Nextly flooders
I hear people saying they know programming
Flooding has nothing to do with that
You guys just need to calm down and put a firewall up
I dont really think everyone should start bitching over your room lagging
Come on it goes with every server
You can be flooded at any time
It happens all the time
Its nothing you can do about it
You cannot report someone to their isp and say I got flooded
It wont work they wont do anything
Now theres some that will go ahead and get yourself in trouble because they are protective of thier own network
Comcast for example they will report you back to your isp for sending a ping over a certain amount of bytes
So just stop bitching
Its stupid the way people moan over this
Just go get sygate and put it up when you feel you are lagging
It will alert you of them and then block the incoming packets

Thanks, Liquid

Snick

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 03:22:13 pm »
Very nice (=D

KM

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 06:32:01 pm »
erm, actually with sygate the best thing for that is if it's disabled during an attack, as it amplifies the effects of a small attack and causes your system to lock up in many cases

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Third Party Stuff  |  Chat Servers  |  IS WCS REALLY THAT GOOD (KM PLEASE READ)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx