gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76775 Posts in 13501 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever April 26, 2024, 05:56:20 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  New Winmx client
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Winmx client  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Lagerlout666

• Forum Member
New Winmx client
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:13:06 am »
Now i have been looking at this an although it is crap an buggy too death it obviously kinda did somethin at some point, i hear alot of talk about a new winmx client being needed to once an for all end all this patchin although it has become alot easyer an requires alot less ka-fuffle, now im treding from the point

i looked into ares maybe being reconfigured to connect to the wpn instead but im told that would be a pain in ar*e so after spendin a good hour serachin anythin that connected to winmx and had open source code i come accross WinZo, Now i aint gonna start chattin rubbish i know nothing about but wouldnt a new client on the foundations of this little prog be a start on the road to success, i would of thought it would of at least maybe save alot of time,

tell me if im wrong cause frequently i am when it comes to this sort of thing but the one use i have is i have a brain an i think alot an if i was a master of c++ or vb or whatever it runs on(told u i know nothing) i would try to build on this, at least maybe saving time or offering solutions to holes that maybe missing in the god like mind burners of computer code,

I hope this might help
The Solution to 99% of winmx problems

nap.winmxgroup.net        -ONLINE again YAY!!!!!! :D

Praise's daily at the church of "Kopimi"

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
Re: New Winmx client
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 05:37:48 pm »
While Winzo was a great effort and a boost for the confidence of many users it did need a team to help it grow to a better release, the main issue standing in the way of gathering that team was the use of c#, this it seems is something  most of the coders who have made previous winmx related projects are not experts in and that is why I believe the effort collapsed.

I think a real project should have at least four coders who are willing to work on perfecting their area of expertise and work together to bring the project to fruit, it would after all be a lot of work for just one person and thats the real reason I believe there has been no thrust of movement.

KM

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 02:02:32 pm »
the use of C# was the biggest problem it had, as well as the failings with the language itself it could also never be a widespread release due to the dependence on having other stuff installed on your computer which many people do not have

plus it is a poor client and not up to the standards of a normal p2p client, but then it was just an early "put something together that works" release rather than a "make a full client to replace winmx" type release so that's understandable

Offline Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

• WANABE WINMX CHAT SERVER HACKER
  • Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:24:01 pm »
Okay now, i know basically nothing, but from what i am hearing this is what it seems to need to get a new "winMX" client

a team of programmers - about 4
a designated language - presumably C++ unless anyone knows any better,
a list of includes, i.e. wot features do we want and which do we need,
some guidance - perhaps Quicks

so lemme get this straight, WinZO is a no, so y not start off using RoboMX which has been open source, it has the browse ability already, secondary connection is sorted, its in C++, has many "nice" features...

all it needs then, is a primary connection, file transfer protocol and then you'll have winmx,

so am i missing something or is this project already half made? 

Also, QS, any news on "core" im learning C++ rapidly now but i have many questions and need a suitable place to air them!!! even just get the forum up and running
[ìíÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍ]Íì•íÌí¯`·íI¯ìIÌì í]¡í¯ìIÎ Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK ÎIí¯ì¡[ì íÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍì•íÌ[Ìí¯`·íI¯ìIÌìí]

Offline $i£ve®$haÐów

• Forum Member
  • keep winmx alive :-)
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:36:11 pm »
Honestly dont know alot about it either but hey that wpcc client looks real good to me.

• Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 05:24:37 pm »
Yeah it does but i think Sean is writing it in vb still...reading back it seems that zenar gave up as did many others.
[ìíÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍ]Íì•íÌí¯`·íI¯ìIÌì í]¡í¯ìIÎ Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK ÎIí¯ì¡[ì íÍIí¯Iì·´¯ìÍì•íÌ[Ìí¯`·íI¯ìIÌìí]

Offline GhostShip

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 12:35:34 am »
Due to recent events some of the people normally making noise here are busy working on projects of one sort or the other, no one has "given up", they are more likely otherwise engaged. 

The same goes for the core site Rockafeller, when I have time to take care of it I,ll open the forum, due to unforseen circumstances I have had to delay this as other items need my time, my apologies for that delay.

• Forum Member
    • The Rebelion
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 05:28:27 pm »
Ok thats fine GS, just im really interested in pushing this forward, but need some help to brush up to a standard where i can actually be a worthwhile useful programmer.  I understand C++ now almost completely, and can read thro a sourcecode and understand alot of how stuff is done, but i wldnt know where to start if i wanted to do it from scratch

WinMX World :: Forum  |  Technical  |  WinMX Client  |  New Winmx client

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx