gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfx
76774 Posts in 13500 Topics by 1651 Members - Latest Member: insider4ever March 28, 2024, 10:32:52 pm
gfx*gfx
gfx
WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Upload Issues
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Upload Issues  (Read 2536 times)

MTP

Upload Issues
« on: July 01, 2006, 04:57:52 pm »
I'm not very good at any of this computer stuff.  I have downloaded the latest WinMX patch 3.54 beta 4.  I can download music fairly easily but I can't share/upload my files.  A lot of folks connect but they "time out waiting for connection".  No one has actually connected to my files.  I have set my XP firewall according to directions from WinMX world.  Can anyone help me fix this.  Besides the nasty grams I get from time to time from users, I just really want to share if possible.

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
Re: Upload Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 05:10:11 pm »
Hi MTP

Welcome to the site..
Do you have a router or NAT (router like) capable dsl modem ?
What other firewalls or Antivrius do you use?

MTP

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 05:19:08 pm »
Yes I have a router.  A linksys
I don't know how this works. 
Are you on line?  Is this a "Chat" forum?
My modem is a Comcast RCA modem (I'm sure you're seeing what a novice I am at this point).  I don't think I have any other firewall other than the XP firewall.
I also just nitced that no one is even atempting to download at this time.  Not since I configured my firewall.  Which brings me to another fear that I will do more harm to my set up than good by messing with it.
No one is uploading is what I meant

PS  Thanks for the reply

*EDIT: combined multiple posts BB

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 06:06:16 pm »
* Bearded Blunder apologises profuesely to samseesam for accidently removing his reply

If you visit http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm & click on the entry for your model of router, you can then select WinMX on the next page & there are good full step-by-step instructions for configuring it, complete with screenshots.

As samseesam said, (before I accidentally destroyed his post :oops:) let us know how it goes....
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

Offline Geminoz180

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 01:01:52 pm »
HELP... I have the latest winmx patch...I am able to download, but people can't upload from me...if I go back on to dial up they are able to, but not on adsl....Ihave tried the port forwarding setting changes but then I couldn't access anything on line, so I have changed my settings back..any more suggestions??

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 03:14:36 pm »
I couldn't access anything on line,

Are you saying that even webpages also don't open? Did you put winmx on the allow list in any firewalls that you may have? Espicially the firewall one?

* Bearded Blunder apologises profuesely

:lol: No problem. I suppose you accidently deleted it when you were putting all his posts togather. No problem :P
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline Geminoz180

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 03:15:31 am »
Yes I couldn't access web pages. I reverted to previous settings and went into the mx help chat room. I was advised to re-run the winmx set up wizard which I did....and the result of that was that I had to have passive settings...things are working ok now on the passive settings.  But now I know that will work ok I still want to try to configure my router properly so I will keep fiddling.

Offline SamSeeSam

• Forum Member
  • The Sky will never Fall on our heads
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 05:00:50 am »
Try removing winmx completely and then reinstall. Given time, such funny problems, sometimes get sorted out on their own. Although we must not depend on that ;)
Try one more thing. Go to control panel and double click Internet properties. Then click the connections tab. There, click lan settings(Which are there at the bottom). Make sure the 'Automaticially detect settings' option is checked
Reconnect to winmx with the blocking patch :)
Patch link :
 https://patch.winmxconex.com/

Spread the word now :)

Offline 7

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 06:58:00 am »
...things are working ok now on the passive settings.  But now I know that will work ok I still want to try to configure my router properly so I will keep fiddling.

Hey there.  You might find the following link handy for testing changes you make in the router...

http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=12345

It's just a simple port tester page, officially for the uTorrent BitTorrent client, though it can be used to check whether a TCP port is open on anything.  Just change the "12345" in the URL to whatever your WinMX TCP port is set to, like...

http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=6699 (default WinMX TCP port)

Note it can only test TCP ports for being open.  It won't work for testing a UDP port, though if you manage to configure a router/firewall to allow TCP through fine then it should be straightforward to do the same for UDP, too, using the same process.

hth. :)

Offline Geminoz180

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 06:31:57 am »
Well ...I've finally managed to do the port forwarding....was easy once I obtained the static IP address from my server's tech help site. Everything is working fine now tyvn for your assistance. :D

maxedout

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 08:13:08 pm »
Hi.

I don't have a router, but have a firewall. I also have dsl.

Mabe I played around too much, trying to get the right TCP and UDP connections to MX. However, I thought I set everything back to the way it was?
Everyone in my upload section is timing out, and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Offline Bearded Blunder

• Forum Member
    • Taboo Community Website
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 09:26:58 pm »
can you please give make & model of modem for the dsl & let us know what firewall, so we can assist better
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed.

maxedout

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 11:55:31 pm »
can you please give make & model of modem for the dsl & let us know what firewall, so we can assist better

The problem is fixed, Bearded. Thanks

Although, I still have a problem adding 6699 TCP and 6257 UDP to my Internet connections. I even added a port with both TCP and UDP numbers, and it still didn't work. I have Windows XP

Offline Me Here

• Ret. WinMX Special Forces
  • WMW Team
  • We came, We Saw, We definitely Kicked Ass!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 07:30:30 am »
hey Maxedout,

Here is a turtorial for your Firewall..
https://www.winmxworld.com/tutorials/firewall.html

If you get your Modem's name and model and look here:
http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Then then click on it, then choose WinMX from the applications page and follow those directions that should help you sort out what ports to set for MX..

Cathy Walker

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 08:37:54 am »
This is me...I need help setting up my system so i can share files. It's not that I don't want to, i don't know how to. Can someone help me? PLEASE!!

Offline nylly444

• The /root of all evil ;-)
  • WMW Team
    • WinMX World
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 09:10:37 am »
Cathy, please visit our tutorials on how to share files on winmx here:

for WinMx 3.54

for WinMx 3.31/3.53

If you're still having problems then let us know please - good luck!
LINUX - Legendary Intelligent Needful Universal Xperienced

WinMX World :: Forum  |  WinMX Help  |  Upload/Download Issues  |  Upload Issues

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What program is this site about?:
What year is it next year?:
What's the name of the site this forum belongs to?:

gfxgfx
gfx
©2005-2024 WinMXWorld.com. All Rights Reserved.
SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx